Let there be light

BADZXELEVEN

Registered
My Buddy Tim and I bought the HID headlights from James and here are the results.
Pretty easy install, New equipment, and a whole lotta light!
We had a light rain, so nobody wanted to bring a bike over to sit side by side, and the pics aren't the greatest, but here goes.
THIS is low beam with the HID light.
See the green sign just to the left of the road?
Thats the street sign at the next intersection.
ain.jpg

This is the HID with the stock BRIGHT lights ON!
Not much difference, IF any!
aio.jpg

The black at the bottom of each photo is the top of the Double Bubble.
Look at how crystal white this light is!!
aiq.jpg

aip.jpg

The happy ownerof a new paint job and some incredibly bright lights!
Tim.
ais.jpg

In all Honestly, he'll prolly have to lower the level of the headlight, because it looks like it's always on High Beam
Just think how this thing would act in the high beam hole with the magnifier behind it??
Tim and I say , THANKS to James for a nice new product, very detailed instructions and great followup!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to tell ya ! J.D. is one cool azz brotha with a great product thatz priced way below his competitor. Nice to know we still have sum people in this world who aren't tryn to hit a brotha ova the head to make a few dollarz.
beerchug.gif

Hey Badzxeleven. Thanks a bunch for the input. Luv the photos. How far is that dayum sign??? How does Tim like the the lights? Any problems with the wiring? I love the paint on that beast. CHICK MAGNET. Hey the factory adjustment screws will angle that light down some. And by the way your unit has the same bulbs/output. Cant wait to see yours.

ICE

The sign is a block away. The wiring was simple and straight forward!
We both love it!
What do you think it would do in the magnifier slot?
He didn't have to use a relay, just went to the stock wires.

Sweet...  I feel like having a Dr. Pepper.  
hot.gif

I see you had the same problem I did with the Hayabusa decals "left side lower than the right". On my bike nobody can notice but me. Sorry for pointing that out...

I had my painter order another set of busa symbol decals, have not used them, still new in the box.  Saving them for future use, if required.
unclesam.gif

I have ordered the HID unit from JD also, I'm told it turns night into day.

Here is a picture of the right side...

It's not as red as the pictures indicate. More of a Dr.Perrer can color.
Damn BadZX,

You're sure making me jealous with that bike. Wouldn't you know that that is my favorite color in the whole wide world. I wanted to get my Suburban in that color, but they only made a limited number in the 2001 model, that I had to settle for an Onyx Black instead. That's the reason that I'm trading my Suburban in next year for a Cadillac Escalade. Then I can have the color that I want. I never could understand why Suzuki didn't make a more various color scheme for the Busa since it is so popular. I'll bet if you polled every Busa rider and asked for remarks on some of the Busa's drawbacks, I'll bet that at least 70% of the people would ask for more color choices. Anyway, with all that being said..."Damn hell of a bike you got there pal."

Brian

Man great looking bike!!! Love the color............. I've been thinking about going HID, if you don't mind what was the cost of the HID system?

By the way does anyone have the HID system in the bright light magnifer, if so what are the results?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

I tried it, for the money you'll have ta spend ($495) to get the right bulb. (wish I had them). But the magnifier over does the light pattern so much that its not all that great. You would have to do like I did, and take a heat gun to loosen the seal around the headlight housing open up the unit, and remove the magnifier. Then put it back to gether without any problems. Then Ya have two HID lights. Depending on the angle you adjust it too, slightly higher, you have a high beam. Honestly it's equal light. A GSXR1000 or Aprilla with twinn head lights have the same affect. A WHOLE LOT A FRIGGN LIGHT. HOPE IT HELPS.

ICE.

PS.
Great time to clean the inside of your headlight etc, remove all that heat build up and discoloration on top the reflector housing from those 100W plasma bulbs meltin yows shytttttt!

ICE

Back