Let me introduce

Mudder

Registered
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and I would like to introduce myself. I traded my '98 R1 for a 2000 BUSA
biggrin.gif
just 3 weeks ago, basically for the same reasons (girlye) but my girlye are my wife and my two dauthers.
confused.gif

I really enjoyed the forum and just took advantage to download the manual from Narcissus (many thanks).

I only have a question to already well experienced Busa's: do you have a gap at about 2.1, 2.2 RPM as well as I have?

It's just there and most o' times I experience that when I'm in third gear.

Thanks to everybody for keeping this forum very interesting.
jump9.gif
Happy flight to everybody.

welcome aboard.......
If your talking about the hesitation or engine surge, mines closer to 3800rpm..... and unfortunately its a busa thing. There are some fixes available.....
Most things you do impact the bike like dominoes. The more things you put on it the more complex to trouble shoot (Just like any other bike). But, on the up side the more power she'll put to the pavement.

Thanks,

yes you are right, as soon as above that RPM it's a wonderful feeling, but up to the time you don't get used to that it's a little misleading
notify.gif

Welcome, Aboard.

I have yet to experiance that particular stumble. My biggest fueling gripe is snatchiness right off idle, that first 3-5mm of throttle...kind of abrupt...

Ehi, I thought it was a launch and forget item, I was hopeless on replyes, but I think Ineed to track this for a while. I've never read something on that gap and I thought I was the only one feeling that gap.

Thank to everybody for the warm welcomes.

Revlis wrote: I have yet to experiance that particular stumble. My biggest fueling gripe is snatchiness right off idle, that first 3-5mm of throttle...kind of abrupt...

Yeah I have noticed that too. I find that if I ease the clutch a bit when I am transistioning from no-throttle to a little-throttle it smoothes out the abruptness.

I usually just send her up to about 6 grand an' just dump the clutch , its hard on tires but what the hell . j/k .

The low speed thing: get used to it if ya can,cheaper,less headache .

Seriously , KS is right , you can chase gliches around bikes for days . If yer into wrenchin' and have a big toolbox an' deep pockets you can do tons of stuff . SOMETIMES even make it run better.....hee hee hee .

All jokin' aside , welcome....to the Twilight Zone .

You have found the absolute center of the Hayabusa Universe . Have a good 1.....

Revlis wrote:  I have yet to experiance that particular stumble.  My biggest fueling gripe is snatchiness right off idle, that first 3-5mm of throttle...kind of abrupt...

Yeah I have noticed that too.  I find that if I ease the clutch a bit when I am transistioning from no-throttle to a little-throttle it smoothes out the abruptness.
What I have started doing is staying one gear higher in the corners, that way as I begin rolling on the throttle I can kinda just get right past that initial jerk without upsetting the bike too much. I am wondering if a TRE would fix this?

Welcome aboard Mr Mudder.
I have noticed a small glitch in mine to.....guess I'll just chalk it up to personality.......damn thing just doesn't wanna be down low.

I thot that low end choppy was my throttle tension so I tightened my push/pull cables until there was no slack. still happens. they tightened my chain at the 600 mark but still happens. I might try the TRE but seems like it's more mechanical to me. I can not feather it light enough to not be jerky, I still suspect maybe my chain is not yet tight enough.

The TRE guys claim it [TRE] fixes some of it.

I thot that low end choppy was my throttle tension so I tightened my push/pull cables until there was no slack.  still happens.  they tightened my chain at the 600 mark but still happens.  I might try the TRE but seems like it's more mechanical to me.  I can not feather it light enough to not be jerky,  I still suspect maybe my chain is not yet tight enough.

The TRE guys claim it [TRE] fixes some of it.
tre will fix some of it.....but then it idles like crap , especially when cold . Becarefull with that chain there Bro , dont over tighten that monkey....that leads to premature stretching of yer final drive , wears out yer counter shaft bearings/seal ,yadda yadda yadda....you know the drill .

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum...

This seems like the right thread for a "me2, I'm new also"

OK, now my .02...

This being my first post, I'm so far very happy to have found this group. I've been reading and learning so much from this site! You guys and gals are great!

Anyway, on to subject at hand...

I have a 2003 BlacknGrey (that's right, fastest color,
sly.gif
 yadda yadda) that I have done a diy TRE mod with a 6.8k resistor.(I will post something more on the method I used, as it was much easier than others have made it seem, as well as not having to cut any wires voiding the warranty!)
It's seems that no one is answering the question of it working on the '03. I don't know about the top speed limiter, but the ignition retarding is definitely gone. The bike runs much, much smoother now.
However it also idles (cold or warm) better than before...(so I don't understand why everyone has a rough idle after, maybe different for the '03?)  As far as a sour spot in the revs, don't seem to have one, will pull solid from 1500-11000. Nothing but the usual 'busa vibes emaninating here and there as the clock winds up past the 4K mark.
And as some others have said, it does make the abrubt throttle much more tame.
It seems to me that getting rid of the part throttle ign retard should also lessen any hesitation spots down low...

While I'm up on the soap box (oops, I think I'm quoting someone else, oh well) I have yet to hear anyone else mention this, so here goes.. Running higher octane gas than you need can cause hesitations like this. If you haven't leaned the bike out with pipe or filter mods, try running 89 then 87 octane gas if you've been running 91-92. Second tank of gas in my baby I mistakenly put 91 in and she started wheezing like a 10 year old bike. Changed back to 87 and all is right in the world.

note: regarding what WWJD said, tightening up that slack could cause some excitement in a tight parking lot turn... I'd leave the slack there.

Well, how was that for a first post... too long winded I guess! Should have started posting a couple months ago.

ciao! And thanks to everyone who makes up this great little community!

A second welcome to Jmpoohbr.......

Sounds like you've done your home work and gotten some good advise from the folks on this site!

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum...

This seems like the right thread for a "me2, I'm new also"

OK, now my .02...

This being my first post, I'm so far very happy to have found this group. I've been reading and learning so much from this site! You guys and gals are great!

Anyway, on to subject at hand...

I have a 2003 BlacknGrey (that's right, fastest color,
sly.gif
 yadda yadda) that I have done a diy TRE mod with a 6.8k resistor.(I will post something more on the method I used, as it was much easier than others have made it seem, as well as not having to cut any wires voiding the warranty!)
It's seems that no one is answering the question of it working on the '03. I don't know about the top speed limiter, but the ignition retarding is definitely gone. The bike runs much, much smoother now.
However it also idles (cold or warm) better than before...(so I don't understand why everyone has a rough idle after, maybe different for the '03?)  As far as a sour spot in the revs, don't seem to have one, will pull solid from 1500-11000. Nothing but the usual 'busa vibes emaninating here and there as the clock winds up past the 4K mark.
And as some others have said, it does make the abrubt throttle much more tame.
It seems to me that getting rid of the part throttle ign retard should also lessen any hesitation spots down low...

While I'm up on the soap box (oops, I think I'm quoting someone else, oh well) I have yet to hear anyone else mention this, so here goes.. Running higher octane gas than you need can cause hesitations like this. If you haven't leaned the bike out with pipe or filter mods, try running 89 then 87 octane gas if you've been running 91-92. Second tank of gas in my baby I mistakenly put 91 in and she started wheezing like a 10 year old bike. Changed back to 87 and all is right in the world.

note: regarding what WWJD said, tightening up that slack could cause some excitement in a tight parking lot turn... I'd leave the slack there.

Well, how was that for a first post... too long winded I guess! Should have started posting a couple months ago.

ciao! And thanks to everyone who makes up this great little community!
Welcome...

Back