LEO'S!!! I NEED HELP!!!

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, Long story short, I had a ticket, went to court, Lawyer got it reduced. Need to go to Driving school. Well, I didn't have the money for school or the ticket till just recently (School has to be done before I pay the ticket), so I had a continuance on having to pay it till next month. Well, I got home, and there was a notice saying my license was suspended due to failure to pay the ticket. Any advice? Can they make it stick since I had the continuance? Will I have to pay to get my license back? SHould I talk to my Lawyer or just go to the courthouse and bring it to their attention and see if they fix it? I'm kinda freakin out right now... This is the second time my license has been suspended through no fault of mine.

Go to the Court house and talk with them.... they can help up since you have been working with them and been keeping them up to date on things... It's the person that did not make arrangements that would have something to worry about.... your not one of them... I have been LEO for almost 24 years now....

LEO ain't going to help you here. Talk to the courthouse and/or a lawyer.

wow.gif
sorry bro I have no idea.

(Max Speed @ Jan. 29 2007,21:14) Go to the Court house and talk with them.... they can help up since you have been working with them and been keeping them up to date on things... It's the person that did not make arrangements that would have something to worry about.... your not one of them...  I have been LEO for almost 24 years now....
cool, thanks bro...

(extreemachine @ Jan. 29 2007,20:21) Go to the courthouse. Bring as much documents as possible for proof. And explain fully and NICELY! You will be fine!
beerchug.gif
+1
super.gif

It's a 30 day notice of suspension in SC, read the letter carefully, get your documents and be nice, very nice.
beerchug.gif

if u filed for a continuance and it was granted, you should have a document stating this...take that to the DMV, not courthouse...they will just act dumb n run you around. Your DMV record is being screwed with-not court-related stuff so they cant do anything.

IF you dont have the paper showing your continuance then go to courthouse see Clerk of Court n ask for a copy of document-probably going to cost you a few $ so bring 20 or $30 with you JIC.
What needs to happen is the DMV needs to remove the suspension from your Lic. and if they are d1ks about it you may have to do some more leg work in the courthouse but I cant imagine that it'll be that rough....

My advice--find that continuance paper, make a copy n put it AND suspension (copy) notice in your car's glovebox...Lord forbid you get pulled again, you show the officer the papers, kiss his butt somethin fierce, and pray for a break....

man.....I SHOULDNT know so much about this crap....but my Lic. has been susp. more times than Mrninja9's had "nooky"
all_coholic.gif

Don't know about your state, in SC DUS fines double everytime, and 3rd and subsequest are a mandatory 90 days in the pokey ( pun )
SHOCKED.gif

and then, after the extra money, wasted time and wages lost because you are doing this and not at work........stop breaking the law!

lol

sorry, had to do it.

not speeding/stunting=no troubles with Leo

(BigDiesel @ Jan. 29 2007,23:45) man.....I SHOULDNT know so much about this crap....but my Lic. has been susp. more times than Mrninja9's had "nooky"
all_coholic.gif
So you rarely get your license suspended, huh?
firedevil.gif

haha ben-actually DL has been susp. bout 7 times I can remeber....course its late n Im faded so not very accurat w/anyting right now....
all_coholic.gif

but i can say this- Not speeding/stunting does NOT mean Poo-poo (sorry, Po-po) will leave u alone, just charge u less when they pull u over
all_coholic.gif
SHOCKED.gif

all_coholic.gif

Back