lent a friend my bike while on holiday

probusa

Registered
well i wasnt exspecting this when i got back
laugh.gif

i got a phone call wendsday from a close friend asking if he could use my bike while i was on holiday,so never the less i said yea sure go for it could do with a run ok.
well i text him when i got back and said,(feel free to bring bike back i just got back).
hour later he turns up with no bike and tears in his eyes and said,(sorry mate i dont know how to tell ya but i trashed it).
turns out he hit an oil patch while turning right at a junction.
hes been worried about it since thursday and i asked him if he was ok,he said yes and i turned round to him and said well dont worry about it
jump9.gif

it's only cosmetic damage to most of the left hand side and most of the custom stuff is broke.
i got no pics yet but will post up tomorrow as well as holiday pics as i promised.
all im trying to say really is yes the bike is my pride and joy but my friends mean more to me than anything.
just glad hes ok.

all im trying to say really is yes the bike is my pride and joy but my friends mean more to me than anything.
just glad hes ok.
clap.gif
that's the same way I feel, my bike's a close second in my priorities... but still second none the less. good to hear your pal's ok. good luck getting her back together again.

Glad he's okay. Everything else can be repaced/fixed. Sorry to hear about it though.

Hope it works out for you, that's why no one (even my Moma) rides my bike. No need to put friendship on the line if you don't have too
guns.gif

My 2 friends that I let ride know the rules you break
it you fix it our buy it one. So I would be more worried
about my friend. Glad your friend is o/k
bump.gif

its due a respray anyways its a 2000 x reg,he was worried when he told me i was gonna hit him ..lol
i poured him a gin & tonic and just talked about it.
he and his misses has been on the net and going to shops buying bits for it,im toutched about it.
just goes to show what friends are all about.
beerchug.gif

You are bigger man than me.

It would take me at least 3 days to feel that way .

But then again,

No one rides my bike but me....

I have seen this same senario played out over and over again and it is still a good idea to ""never"" let any one ride your motorcycle regardless of their experience.

16.jpg

never let anyone ride your bike, unless you or they have big $! By the way you are a good friend to the person that crashed your bike, he should be very, very, very grateful!
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

i know how he rides he has a car licence aswell as bike and i will stand my ground here agaist every bad comment said.
he is a new commer to bikes and i have been for ride outs with him and his misses many time they got kids and i keep telling him about the bad and god bless it never happens.
i will still let him ride it due to the fact i know this guy and i know his riding. im a member of the IOAM (instertute of advance motorcycling and in no doute of my mind he knows how to control and manouver.he was only doing 5 mph not 190 like he could have.
i had this bike when i was 22 yrs old, im now 28 and married.
i've gave him the run down coz he's got kids aswell he dont burn rubber he cruises.i will take pics tomorrow of him and me and the bike.i hav'nt even seen it yet myself all i know is he was sh**ing himself telling me wat he has done.

Stuff like this happens. Glad your bud is alright and as long as he's gonna fix it, it's all good. I've let select friends ride my bikea and it never worries me as i tell them before they ride "You break it, you fix it".

beerchug.gif
pic will be up tomorrow when i've seen it been a long day and i really cant be bothered with the bike just want sleep good nite all
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

we were taking the "devils advocate" off my friends pick up truck and it almost fell on him. mannnn i did'nt even think about the bike. amazingly it only suffered a scratch on the bar end!

mybike.jpg

Freind of mines asked to borrow the bike.
I said no.
He asked why.
I told him that I'd rather loose a freind, than a freind and a bike.
He asked me how was that.
I explained that if I lent him my bike and he crashed it, I would loose a bike and a freind. If I said no, all I would loose was a freind!
It's all about minimizing the loss exposure.

never loan your bike or ole lady, sooner or later someone will throw a rod in one of them

You're a great guy to think like that..... I would be looking forward to a new '08 from my mate..
Ikonforums.gif

I would let others ride my bike, but it's with the understanding that they repair any and all damage..

Back