Legendary performance.

givinr

Registered
As a somewhat seasoned rider, with about 14 years under my belt, I have gone through a progression of motorcycles, and phases. The first bike being a 1987 Suzuki GS550EF and onward from there. A Ninja here and there, a couple Gixxer's, an R1, even a Yamaha Silverado 1600. Many bikes, multiple tastes, and yet I have always come back to a "sport ride" of some type as my bike of choice.

I would argue the best "all round" bike I have ever owned was my 2001, Tahiti Blue VFR800, if I had to pick one bike for the rest of my riding days, that would be it, but, there is always that but.... the Hayabusa. How I currently ended up owning my 2004 Hayabusa, I never really figured that out, at the time it was just "something to do". But after a little over a year of ownership, I truly appreciate what this machine is really about. Many would argue its unmatched top speed as the number one defining attribute. Many would claim its nauseum triggering aclleration, and there is a camp that revels at its all around purpose built ride-ability... all many incredible attributes of its design, but the one thing this motorcycle delivers that very, very few bikes have ever, it is the legend this bike, in its short 6 year run has laid claim too.

Think back, CBX, ZX-11, peter fonda's "captain amreica", Kenny Baker's TZ 750, Lawson's Z1000, and even the lore of Arnie's T2 Harley Davidson Fatboy... what motorcycle has had a bigger and more influencial impact on the world of 2 wheels than the machine that most of us have the luxury of straddling on any given day with a dry road, and beautiful shining orb in the sky? Aside from the ridiculously cheesy depiction of Lawrence Fishburns's Hayabusa in the movie "Biker Boys" the Hayabusa has spoken for itself with out the aid of fame or celebrity, in an eerie anonimity that can't be described in any sense of spoken words, and we prefer it that way the machine is the star, not us.

We have all felt the admiration of a 9 year old kid giving the thumbs up in the back of mom's minivan, the woulda-coulda-shoulda middle agers staring in admiration and the 3 am meeting at a stoplight with a lesser machine where you know you have nothing to prove and roll off at a leisurely pace knowing that your would be opponent knows the race was over before it started.

Not being a bike hog, and an admirerer of all machines that require only 2 wheels (except for the segqay scooter..lol) I have let many of my riding friends sample the forbidden fruit, and the reply's that stand out the most are... stunning, crazy, unparralelled, and my favorite... gong-show. These responses from seasoned riders, who have ridden many of the best, and some own bikes of far greater value.The lure of the Busa has even convinced a Harley loyalist co-worker of mine, to add one to his stable of American iron.

So all of us have our reasons for buying the performance pinnacle of the motorcycle world, Some would say speed, some would say bragging rights, but the reason that will keep my blue/silver 04 hayabusa in the garage for the rest of my riding days, is the self explaning legend of what may very well go down as the worlds finest motorcycle. That and its damn fast!

<!--EDIT|givinr
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1114237390 -->

Well put... bravo, bravo
beerchug.gif

Have you ever considered running for President
rock.gif
blush.gif

Back