Legality of hotbodies undertail

Depends where you are at. In most States, yes, but I haven't seen it enforced except when they really want to crack down on bikers.

It is not DOT certified, so in most states they can write you ticket for it.
How you ride it may have a big impact on that.

ive heard of some states having laws that require turn signals to be a certain distance away from each other, but i havnt heard of anyone realy having any problems with em. id expect alot of it to depend on your riding style and attitude towards the leo if/when pulled over.

Jersey has a weird one... OE stuff can be mounted however. Aftermarket DOT approved replacements must be a minimum size and must be a certain number of inches away from the body of the bike. All this only applies to a motorcycle with turn signals. In other words if you don't have any BUT you hand signals you're ok. If you swap anything other than OE you might have problems. Of course all this is only relevent if a LEO pulls you over and for whatever reason wants to really stick it to you. I don't think to many are out there looking to nail someone for an indictor violation. I know it's tough drumming up revenue but cmon I don't think it's that bad yet.

ive heard of some states having laws that require turn signals to be a certain distance away from each other, but i havnt heard of anyone realy having any problems with em. id expect alot of it to depend on your riding style and attitude towards the leo if/when pulled over.

My tail is integrated.. I don't feel like the cages cab see me.. so I hand signal all the time...

Well if in doing X miles over the limit.. guess there is no need to signal..
ad86fc30-8190-d54d.jpg

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I live in NH and this year they failed me on my inspection because the turns are integrated into the tail lights. I rectified this by getting a license plate bracket that had the turns in the bottom. According to the bike shop, DOT regs are the must be 7-9" apart, really cant remember what the exact measurement is. The 2010 Busa's a just within the legal range for the DOT. So its not as much a state reg as a DOT reg. Like stated, all states are different and the LEOs vary as we ride!

PS - I have the same undertail!! :thumbsup:

I have an 06 Ltd and was thinking about the Hotbodies undertail. Did you go with the same color (White pearl) or another? I'm thinking of the light silver. How is the fit?

Depending on laws in your state, tag mounting can be another issue. Here in FL there needs to be something solid behind the plate to keep it from being folded or bent to conceal. Also can't be mounted sideways and must be straight (not angled up or down). Fine for improper display is $1000 & court cost. Yes it's a big one.

got that covered... ordered a side mount lit tag holder.... from customhayabusaparts.com ..... i hope it has shipped... contact with them has been horrible... have not gotten a reply to a single email or anything yet and i couldnt find a phone number

Back