Legal Question

Sky Rider

Registered
So a buddy of mine was out the other night about 2:30AM riding around and having a good time on his Busa. While he was going down a back road by a river it got foggy and he ended up laying it down pretty good in a corner due to sand. Roughly 10 minutes later a sheriff pulls up to the scene and tell him they are looking for a motorcycle whom was fleeing from police but he didn't have a description. Once the pursuing officers showed up he was placed under arrest because he had the same "triangle shaped headlight" and "a reflective jacket". All I know is the police picked some dumb arse up going 77 in a 45 and attempted to pursue. The rider lead them on a chase in excess of 190MPH and apparently they lost said rider then found my buddy crashed after about 10 minutes of being there and all they had to go on was the light and jacket. I'm not sure if he really was the one they were after or not. The question is will the police have anything worth keeping him on?

So a buddy of mine was out the other night about 2:30AM riding around and having a good time on his Busa. While he was going down a back road by a river it got foggy and he ended up laying it down pretty good in a corner due to sand. Roughly 10 minutes later a sheriff pulls up to the scene and tell him they are looking for a motorcycle whom was fleeing from police but he didn't have a description. Once the pursuing officers showed up he was placed under arrest because he had the same "triangle shaped headlight" and "a reflective jacket". All I know is the police picked some dumb arse up going 77 in a 45 and attempted to pursue. The rider lead them on a chase in excess of 190MPH and apparently they lost said rider then found my buddy crashed after about 10 minutes of being there and all they had to go on was the light and jacket. I'm not sure if he really was the one they were after or not. The question is will the police have anything worth keeping him on?

The proof is in the pudding and if the doughnut squad don't have the ingredients(evidence)than its good night,be safe,dont shoot,frame or assault any civilians and better luck next time catching the the highly dangerous criminal on two wheels that is a threat to our national security Mr Krispy oooppppss officer.
PS: Did they get you on the dash camera?:laugh::whistle:

I'm guessing there was not many motorcycles capable of 190mph out having a good time on the back roads at 2:30 in the AM. I have a feeling the arrest was appropriate and well founded. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Please give a follow up as to the results.

How would the police even know what speed the suspect bike was doing ,no patrol cars or bikes can run at those speeds....they are making it up to fit a busa simply because they found a biker out late that sort of matches what they were looking for.
Without physical evidence they are just trying it on....also unless his bike is modified it won't do 190+

Was he arrested? Charged with anything? If not, the rider is good to go.

being arrested is not being convicted. that seems pretty thin if he was in fact arrested cause ur not clear if he was or wasnt. wont hold any water in court without a plate or unique physical description. triangle shaped light and reflective jacket are hardly unique characteristics. was he wearing a helmet?

Its not you are innocent until proven guilty anymore. You are guilty and have to prove otherwise. If he had a cell phone with his GPS turned on maybe that can show his route and if it does not match theirs maybe he has a chance. 99.9% of the time the judge will believe the cops no matter what. He is going to need a good lawyer for this one. Keep us posted on the outcome.

He was arrested. He was wearing full gear at the time. Charged with resisting law enforcement. He's never been arrested or charged in his life.

He needs a criminal defense attorney. If the facts are as you say, they can't prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt--particularly because eyewitness testimony is inherently unreliable. All they'd be able to go on is circumstantial evidence, and a good criminal lawyer will be able to work a plea.

How would the police even know what speed the suspect bike was doing ,no patrol cars or bikes can run at those speeds....they are making it up to fit a busa simply because they found a biker out late that sort of matches what they were looking for.
Without physical evidence they are just trying it on....also unless his bike is modified it won't do 190+

It's a little device they use known as RADAR and I'll remind you that you're not reading a police report but someone's thread :laugh: Buy a 1999, 2000, or 2008 up :rofl: U.S. model (black) :whistle:

He was arrested. He was wearing full gear at the time. Charged with resisting law enforcement. He's never been arrested or charged in his life.
Resisting ??? did he resist when he was arrested, besides he had to be arrested for something to resist. Maybe reckless driving and or failing to stop when signaled :whistle:

He needs a criminal defense attorney. If the facts are as you say, they can't prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt--particularly because eyewitness testimony is inherently unreliable. All they'd be able to go on is circumstantial evidence, and a good criminal lawyer will be able to work a plea.

We have a winner if all the facts have been told and the video is worthless ....

You can get all the forum advice and guestimations you want but the bottom line is I hope your friend has some money set aside to hire an attorney. Don't wanna take the risk or leave anything to chance when you step inside that court room :whistle:

If he wasn't the speeder, he probably resisted the police because he was just in an accident, dazed, and was expecting help, and what he got was cuffs. He needs a good lawyer, and shouldn't talk to anyone until then.

Resisting law inforcement. ???
Is that even a real charge? I've heard of resisting arrest or evading,but Resisting Law Enforcement?

We all ride Busa's. We all resist law enforcement everyday. :laugh:

RSD.

right or wrong in this case get a lawyer. A traffic lawyer may be ok to handle it. he can get police records. no plate was called in at the time of the chase. courts go by facts not gut feelings. they have to prove it was you. if he goes alone they will find him guilty. With a lawyer they will toss it out. Its going to cost $500 and up. shop around for a lawyer. they will see you and hear the story for free

i have learned one thing in the last couple of years and thats say nothing to them and always pleaad not guilty. Fight everything, unfortunately like I am right now in New York. Wont be crossing into the states until this is cleared up.

Back