left side lower fairng panel dislodged?

OldMan

Registered
Hi,
I was checking the bike last night and noticed that the lower left side fairing was not lined up with the upper cowling. it was actually dislodged and the pin inside the wheel well was barely hanging on. I muscled the fairing back in place and pushed the pin back in but it isn't biting/gripping and is loose. I threw some duct tape over it for now.

I'm thinking I have to now remove the fairing and check to make sure all the push pins/grommets are seated well. In addition I think I need to get a new push pin, where can I get these quickly?

Also, how do you think this happened? New bike (2500) miles 2011.

I picked up a box of push pins at my local auto parts store. I am not completely sure of where on the bike you are talking about. I have removed my plastics so I am somewhat familiar, just confused.

let me throw some visuals up for you, thanks for the advice/help... I really want opinions on what caused it to seperate and where I can get the pins, thanks!!!

Busa.jpg

Have you had it apart recently? There are snaps that close that gap and take a bit of force to snap into place. The inside by the radiator has a push pin above the guide rod that slides over a hole in that inner piece. Then lastly the push pin goes into where you have it circled to keep in in place. I am relying on memory, and I have slept since I had mine apart.

I am sorry I am not much help, take a look at the pics in this thread, it was spot on when I did mine. Maybe it will help find what you are having issues with. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-hayabusa-fairing-tutorial-videos-w-pics.html

If nothing else, I would disassemble and put it back together to find the issue.

I buy my push pins at the dealer, they're cheap or use to be. I hear you can get them elsewhere. Just take a small screwdriver or nail and push the center of the pin in about an 1/8 of an inch and then remove it. Pull the center of the pin out about a 1/4 inch. Make sure everything's lined up and fully insert the pin and then push the center back in flush.

I picked up a box of push pins at my local auto parts store. I am not completely sure of where on the bike you are talking about. I have removed my plastics so I am somewhat familiar, just confused.

Sorry to jack the thread. I have an 08 and never had any of mine come loose

What auto store did you get the push pins? I need some for my 08 to. Are the assorted?
Thanks in advance

Have you had it apart recently? There are snaps that close that gap and take a bit of force to snap into place. The inside by the radiator has a push pin above the guide rod that slides over a hole in that inner piece. Then lastly the push pin goes into where you have it circled to keep in in place. I am relying on memory, and I have slept since I had mine apart.

I am sorry I am not much help, take a look at the pics in this thread, it was spot on when I did mine. Maybe it will help find what you are having issues with. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-hayabusa-fairing-tutorial-videos-w-pics.html

If nothing else, I would disassemble and put it back together to find the issue.

The inner fairings panel you speak of OldMan has tabs on it that tuck into the upper inner fairings. Also that inner panel you have circled 'clips' onto the outer fairing.
Look closely at link Twotone posted. It is mine and there you will clearly see what I'm referring to.

As far as push pin goes look in the inner fender well of any Honda car and you will find one that doesn't need to be there :)

Back