left side fairing decal is same as the right side

snaggletooth

Registered
My busa rolled off the stand a while ago and scratched up the left lower an nose fairings. I finally got the pieces to the body shop and ordered the left Kanji decal. Boy I wish I had done the kick stand mod earlier!

After I opened the package I soon noticed that the left side decal is the same as the right. I thought that they sent me the wrong part. I re-checked the exploded diagram and the part number on the OEM package was right but the decal seemed wrong.

The Kanji writting on the right side decal starts big towards the front and sweeps back thinner to the rear. If I put the same decal on the left side, the thinner part of the Kanji decal starts towards the front and ends up bigger towards the rear (totaly different from the other side). This can't be right (I thought) both sides should match!

I was pissed and ready to send the OEM decal back. I'm glad I kept the damaged left lower fairing from another incident (hit a 4X4 on the freeway). It gave me something to compair it with. The left side decal is the same as the right side. This means that it will look different when mounted on either side.

It's funny, after owning the bike for several years I never noticed that the front fairing decals are possitioned opposite from one side to the other. Just like with the "GS1300R" tail decal. On one side the "R" is forward and on the other side the "R" is to the rear.

The strange thing to me is, why do they give a different part number for the right side decal if it's the same as the left?

Last edited:
Back