Left Handed Bikes?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Anyone ever heard of a left handed bike? By this I mean the throttle and brake on the left and the clutch on the right? My doctor says that the nerve issues I'm having with my right hand may not be fixable without some paralysis. So I was just brainstorming about flipping the throttle and brake over to the left hand. Then I would have to look at an air shifter or something. Right now I have over 90% power and flexibility in the right hand/wrist. If that holds I will not rist the surgury to fix it. However if it does get worse, was just thinking about flipping the controls.

Wow.. That sux man. I've never heard of anything like that. I'd imagine it's doable if that's your only option.

The main issue with swapping sides with the throttle is, it will work backwards. You'll have to twist it forward to go faster, instead of back toward you. Could be done, just be a learning curve involved.

Not so sure about that-with the two cable "push-pull" throttle you'll be fine as long as the cables are hooked up opposite.

The main issue with swapping sides with the throttle is, it will work backwards. You'll have to twist it forward to go faster, instead of back toward you. Could be done, just be a learning curve involved.

You could just do a little bit of modification and make it exactly the same. It would not be a direct swap but it can be done.

You could fabricate that throttle to work on the left side, it would take a little doing but it is by all means possible.

you could make it work it would just take time, there was a guy on one of the tv motorcycle shows that had a left handed bike made for him that was left handed it was a harley but yeah same concept

Like the old Happy days episode where Fonzi got the guy off because he couldnt have grabbed the ladies purse and held it in the air with his left hand because he had a left handed throttle

Maybe one of these will help to ease some of the pain. Best of luck
- Inexpensive Motorcycle throttle - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a guy in aussie who races and he only has one arm and one leg on the let side and he has left handed throttle, brake and clutch.hes a bad ass rider as well.

honda-dn01.jpg

Anyone ever heard of a left handed bike? By this I mean the throttle an brake on the left and the clutch on the right? My doctor says that the nerve issues I'm having with my right hand may not be fixable without some paralysis. So I was just brainstorming about flipping the throttle and brake over to the left hand. Then I would have to look at an air shifter or something. Right now I have over 90% power and flexibility in the right hand/wrist. If that holds I will not rist the surgury to fix it. However if it does get worse, was just thinkin
g about flipping the controls.
Many options here. Switching the throttle over to the left can be done since the busa has a push pull throttle.
Shifting many options here. Lock up clutch with light springs making the clutch pull very light. Do away with the clutch lever all together with a slider clutch such as revlok is one maybe an auto shift or a dual action air shifter.. no problem i can have you riding a bike just by pushing buttons.

Back