Left fork and right fork aren't equal

hayachan

Registered
Hi guys,

6 weeks ago i've got my bike fixed ohlinh forks by local mechanic,
And the bike has been ok, except that there is rubbing sound of the brake rotor when i pushing the bike in my garage.

So today I have fitted agras top yoke on my bike on my own, I noticed the different of both fork outer barrel that left up on top of the clip on, So i start measuring from the bottom of the tripple tree down to the bottom of the fork outer barrel, they are off by 2.5mm,
Is this acceptable for you? Do you think this is the cause of rubbing noise from rotor? Btw the rotor are Galfer, calipers monobloc,

Cheers

Your forks work as a unit. While I always set the forks in the triple clamp as close to equal as possible, being off a couple mm will have no ill effects on your ride nor will it have any affect on your brake pads rubbing the rotors.

If it bugs you, put your front up on a stand so the front wheel is free floating, loosen the triple camp on the fork that's poking up too far and tap it gently with a rubber hammer until its the same height as the other and torque the triple clamp bolts.

Your forks work as a unit. While I always set the forks in the triple clamp as close to equal as possible, being off a couple mm will have no ill effects on your ride nor will it have any affect on your brake pads rubbing the rotors.

If it bugs you, put your front up on a stand so the front wheel is free floating, loosen the triple camp on the fork that's poking up too far and tap it gently with a rubber hammer until its the same height as the other and torque the triple clamp bolts.

Thank you tofbusa, Did it as you said, them forks are equal now.
^^

Back