Lee

OB_Jamie

Registered
Lee,
You mentioned your ZX7/9. I wonder if you could answer a few Qs?

What was wrong with it that it kept poping the valve cover gasket? Could it be fixed?

How'd you get Airtech to wrap your frame?
What'd that cost?

How hard was it to get that engine in that bike? Aren't they basically the same engine externally?

If I brought you a 7 bike and a 9 engine what would it cost to combine them?

Thanks,
Glad to hear you're better,
I spoke to you a few days before the crash, on the phone.
Jamie

JAMIE, THE REASON IT POPPED THE GASKET WAS THE SLEEVES I INSTALLED DROPPED AND LET COMPRESSION IN THE CRANK CASE. THAT WAS A LAST MINUTE PROJECT AND IT WAS ONLY RAN ONCE BEFORE THE TEST.RESURFACEING THE CYL CURED IT. AIR TECK DID MY FRAME AS A FAVOR AND WOULD PROBABLY CHARGE $1000 TO $2000.
THE 9 ENGINE FITS WITH A LITTLE MODIFICATION TO THE FRAME AND I WOULD CHARGE ABOUT $500 TO DO A SWAP.YOU ALSO NEED A 9 IGNITOR.
THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN ABOUT ME,I'M DOING GREAT!!

Speaking of LA and sleeves, how thin can you bore a wet liner sleeve from LA? I want to go to a 60 (top) 40 (bottom) sleeve. Know of anyone who makes sleeves strong enough to take that and be daily driven?

LEE,

Did a 7/9 couple of years ago. Used the stock 7 ignition, worked fine for the customer. Why did ya need the 9 ignitor? Even ran a 7 pipe on it for a while. Had a 950 kit, did end up with cracked sleeves after 2nd owner beat it. The tapered (middle) part cracked. LA was out of them last I knew...

Dave

LEE,

Gotcha, lower rev limiter...Easier on the valve train too!! Worked good with a 7 head...smaller chambers, better springs....

Dave

Jamie;

The minimum wall thickness you can get away with depends on the application. We will not do anything less that .080" wall for normally asparated motors.

If you use LA SAleeves, have them make them from the ductile material. Plain cast iron is not up to high performance quality. Their ductile stuff is very good.

Jay

lee, will you be at rockingham in april? i saw you get wipped last summer by kieth.

P.S. Glad to see you recover from your accident.

frank, thant's for sure, he is a tuff cookie and alot of talk. He makes it fun at the races. The Rock has the best racing i've seen.

Frank, will you be there anytime?

You never know where I'll pop up?

If I get a chance to go up against some of the big dawgs in the shootout class it's not going to be them that will worry me, it's going to see how well I can get My Busa hooked up?....thats going to be a job in it's self!

frank, thanks for the pics of your bike. that is a very pretty bike there. i like the arm you have on there. what is it 8-10 over. i know its close to that. thanks again

Back