Lee Sheirts 5k Mods

Rocketman

Registered
I read an article last year in Streetbike Riders magazine (??) about Lee Sheirts. He is supposed to own a great shop with a specialty in busa engine build ups. Has anyone ever worked with his shop?

They have a 200hp package for $5k or something. That supposedly includes the pipe, dyno, boring, head work, clutch, etc.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

$5k for 50hp =$100 per hp all motor all the time
$1k for 50+ hp=$20 per hp anytime you really need it-NITROUS BABY :wizard:

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138133579 -->

If you wanna give away $4k bring it to oregon and i'll send you away with 200-210 at the press of a button and more if you wanna spend more than $100 and make that thru stock pipes,NOW RUN TELL THAT.

GC - Definitely important to consider. Thanks for the value/dollar comparison. Makes a lot of sense.

About Nitrous - I know it's a good on-demand sort of thing. I am still considering it. But having the real horsepower in the motor.. ----

Don't get me wrong - it's not that I won't do juice. But having 1400cc's of all-the-time hp, sounds very appealing over a button push.

Still listening...

<!--EDIT|shawn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138137971 -->

Here's another few questions regarding this whole Lee Sheirts and Juice-It topic...

1. Will either of these solutions dissipate the endurance of the motor? Meaning - am I looking at rebuilding my engine every so often with these mods?

2. Will either of them ruin the day-to-day dependability of the bike?

Here's another few questions regarding this whole Lee Sheirts and Juice-It topic...

1.  Will either of these solutions dissipate the endurance of the motor?  Meaning - am I looking at rebuilding my engine every so often with these mods?

2.  Will either of them ruin the day-to-day dependability of the bike?
lots of modded motors end up with reliability issues. Not all,but some.

Personally myself,if I was looking for longevity out of a motor,I wouldn't be spraying nos onto stock pistons and rods etc. I'm sure someone will disagree,probably say a small shot here and there is fine,but I would still disagree.

Hopping up a motor is fine if yer a drag racer. Seriously,when and where are you going to be able to put that kind of horse to the pavement. Then you get into stretched swingarms,lowering etc etc,then lose some in the twisties.

just my nO2 RSD.

I have know Lee for several years. His shop does top notch work.

There are several of my friends who have his Stage IV package. Some have racked up nearly 10k miles with no problems.

He did his stage 2 on my 99. Its only mild mods, but no problems at all.

If I ever decide to go into the motor there is no doubt who I will take it too.

Give Lee a call and talk to him 704-599-1507.

I read an article last year in Streetbike Riders magazine (??) about Lee Sheirts.  He is supposed to own a great shop with a specialty in busa engine build ups.  Has anyone ever worked with his shop?

They have a 200hp package for $5k or something.  That supposedly includes the pipe, dyno, boring, head work, clutch, etc.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.
Carpenter Race Engines in NewJersey is just as good as Lee's and cost less. Do a search for member Bike382 he's from Utah and had Carpenter do his motor.

Carpemter Race Engines.

220-230+ Horsepower Hayabusa Packages

We just can't leave it alone!  The porting and cams brought the Busa to new levels
of performance. Now what will a piston kit bring?  We had to find out!

Two flavors are available: 1397cc for everyday riding and the 1430 for track use
and the occasional blow-your-friends-away street jaunt.  
When they ask if you are spraying look at them like they are crazy!

Both Packages include everything in the 210 package plus:

JE Prolite Street/Race Pistons

Precision boring and Nikasil finish by Millenium

A second battery installed with wiring for easier startups.

The 1397cc Package produces 220+ Horsepower
The 1430cc Package produces 230+ Horsepower
*1430 package not recommended for daily street use

Complete with Clutch Fix, Air Box Mod and Power Scoops installed

Price complete $4200
Either Package
Turn-key: Drive-in, drive-out

Thats from carpenter racing   im inbetween them and lees
www.carpenterracing.com
www.leesperformance.com

<!--EDIT|badboysbailagnt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138154922 -->

turbo

$4k for 100-130 extra hp.

$30-$40 per hp and won't grenade your stock motor.

I wouldn't want to spray a 100 shot with stock pistons and rods.
wow.gif

I bought my Busa from Lees shop.

He just did 260 on one at maxton, so he knows bikes.

He is a honest great guy.

I don't want any of you to take my statement wrong,LEE is a great dude I grew up back there and he has done stuff for me and my friends,just being in Utah,what are your plans for the bike is the main question.I know people that have stock motors to this day and have had N2O on their bikes since 99 and use them regularly and not one failure....Nos,Turbos,Nitro or any other power adder is the same as a dumb person with a gun,power adders don't kill motors,power greedy or dumb people with no knowledge of what they are doing when they just up the n20 is what kill motors.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138256109 -->

GC, message received. And that may be what I needed to hear. My problem is that I don't like to ever lose. I want the extra horse if I need it for some straight line racing.

I'm not accustomed to losing to anything ZX or CBR or even GSXR for that matter. All the new liter bikes are 160+ hp bikes and I want to remain competitive.

(It's midnight and after a day of skiing, I may not make enough sense here. )

I like my daily rider. But I also like being one of the baddest and more unique bikes in the Salt Lake valley. There's not too many of us Busa riders here. I like that. But I don't want some ZX10r roastin' my butt. I think that 175hp is about right to keep me in the front here. If I can do that with a race pipe, airbox, and Dynojet power commander, I'm good.

Thoughts?

<!--EDIT|shawn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138433939 -->

Call me sometime,got a sweet little 175hp or better recipe for you.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138434692 -->

Back