LED's in the Wheels!!!!!

So does the puc generate the power with the rotation of wheel?

best way is to think of a alternator it has a stationary casing and a spinning center with two brushes connecting the two together. as the center spins the brushes rubbing against the spinning center shaft transfer the power. its the same with starter motors washing machines ect. the brushes brush against an insulated strip on the center shaft.

you will need one brush and one strip bonded to your wheel.,for your positive + supply and if you get a good earth on the wheel then you wont need an earth brush. the main thing is wheel balancing as at high speeds if not balanced properly can lead to loss of control.

LOL......$1500...they can go pound it. Its strip on the inside of the swingarm and fender. NOT on the wheel it self or sprocket...NO WAY> Unless its that new WIRE LESS power:rofl:

You can NOT put something on a spinning mass that has a wire lead from it?

Go to 1:15 of the second video and you can see that it actually is on the spokes themselves. Just cause you don't know how to do it doesn't mean they don't. That's probably why it's $1500.

Dub has had the "pimpstars" out for some time now. Be cool if they could make the same concept work for the bike.

dubpimpstarrims.jpg

here is a few vids

- LED Rims (Pimpstar One by DUB) 26"[/url]
- New DUB PimpStar LED message wheel promo[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me you could get a very similar effect by lighting the fender and swingarm well. But getting power to the wheels is not that complicated. LIke said before, you could very easily use your existing brake rotor and attach a small disc with a good solid conductive ring attached to it and a single stationary brush lined up with that ring for your 12v pwr. The ring being attached to the rotor should be plenty grounded already.If not for some reason, its not any harder to run a 2nd wire for ground.

But I cant say I would recommend adding uneven weight (even at tiny amounts) to the wheels if you plan on doing anything but cruising lol. But then again, I guess you could take it to the tire shop after installation and have them rebalance it. :dunno:

Check out a company called custom dynamics they were in daytona for bike week n doing them for 150 a wheel n they are hot I would of done them but at the time I was on my turbo Busa n it's not really the thing for it

Back