Led turnsignals

I'll try both socket inserts. If I was suppose to use the 2nd pair for running lights why would they be socket inserts, wouldnt they be plain 'ol wire. I'd like to utilize them if possible for running lights, that'd be cool. Installation instructions inside the box would have been nice.???

Don't over think it.

The Euro models have two sockets. One for running, and the other for turns. US models only have one socket for turns.

Thanks alot. Now I'll have to see if they work. Of course if they do I might tie in the wiring to make the running lights work off the 2nd socket.

When I bought my steel brake lines the package said it was for 99-05yr Busas, but they indeed worked for my 07 model. The Busa has been in production for a while now, so alot of aftermarket parts for them were packaged years ago. They probally don't want to pay just to update a compatible year on a box or package.

:thumbsup: Thats exact what mine looked like....I remember now. I was like you and "what the F". Plug them in and you will be fine. Just pic one and double check its right before finishing the nose back on.:beerchug:

One socket works the blinker. The other socket is for running lights. Guess I might think about wiring it up so the running lights work as well. Is that legal here? Thanks for the input guys!:beerchug:

in the right side of the wiring harness by the RF light wiring, you will find a pigtail with a black connector, all you have to do is go to your local auto parts, by the matching female receptacle (2), and hard wire those into that pigtail.

Kjcili, are you talking about wiring in the running lights? If you are, I would have to cut Off 1 socket from each turn signal creating 2 loose wires from each socket for a total of 4 wires. Then tie them in to a constant source of power.

Im going to tie in the led running lights for higher visibility. Where do you suggest I tie them into. I was thinking the headlight. I need a constant power source. What about a fuse. Should it be ok to splice into the headlight wiring without one? I dont want to create any toast!:whistle:

RE: The box saying 01 instead of 07; It's probably a typo. You can't trust the boxes things come in. +1 on the Euro version.

And you prolly couldn't find Tim cause he's out enjoying the glorious weather we're having in NorCal.

Don't cut the plug off of the lights. Take a light to the auto parts store and find a matching socket to wire to the bike harness. The bike already has the correct wiring, it just isn't used on the US bikes. You should be able to find the plug for the running lights on the same wiring harness that goes to the turn signals.

Didn't think of that. Same wiring schematics as Euro. Hmm. Now I have to find where to tie into the wiring harness. There should be 2 then. One on each side for each running light. I'll look for a socket that fits the existing plug on the led turnsignal. Any idea what type of open fitting i'd be looking for and where?

Get another set of stock front busa sockets, or like there saying just take the led t/s to advance and tell them you need sockets to fit.. also the connector your looking for is by the right hand t/s brn wire and blk wire with a connector that is not connected to nothing..
Nothing on the left side, you will have to cut and splice the new sockets in to work..

Busa 1166 You just sent your gauges out to Blue Gauges. Let me know how they turn out. I considered it but Im waiting for a larger selection of faceplates. Im really not into the huge logo on the faceplate, just my opinion. I've looked all over for alternate custom faceplates that dont even have to be illuminated. NO LUCK. Reverse looks good though. That's the way to go.

I believe they have the gauges without the logo available just send an email this guy answers his email pretty quickly.

Back