LED Tag light

rOtuN

Registered
Here's my mod of a single LED spotlight projecting onto the tag.

DSCF0002.JPG

Can you post a description of what you used/did?

Also, what undertail are you using? How did you mount the tag? I'm having a hard time finding an undertail that I really like, especially when it comes to turn signals and plate mounting.

<!--EDIT|Imp66
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130014383 -->

That looks like the stock undertail with the shovel cut off.

I LIKE that mod! I need to do that!

Thanks for the input everyone. It is the stock undertail with the shovel cut off and sanded smooth. I mounted the plate using 2 pcs. of 1" alum. angle bolted to the insides of the undertail where it comes out at a 90* angle. For the LED I will post back with the model # and where I purchased, for mounting the LED I used one of the stock rear reflector mounts, aligned the light to spot on tag and bolted to the bottom of the u.tail. I will put some better pic's up in a few. The taillight is from ClearAlternatives.com and I love it, especially the integrated turn signals. I did have a problem with the taillight assy....two of the resistors broke loose off the board from the soldering joint but they had rma'd a new one to my door the very next day.

I know, I know....it could be a little cleaner and I will eventually get to cleaning up the mounts.

DSCF0008.JPG

Nice! Yeah, $2.95 is a decent price. $5 bux for shipping...

hmmm, I smell a Group Buy here!
smile.gif

OK here's the skinny:

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130039509 -->

Thanks for the comments to all, sorry about not posting the shipping charges...I had ordered a handful of stuff so the s&h wasn't a forethought to me.

is that LED anything special? wide angle? super bright? or is it just white light? can i pick up something similar at radio shack you think?

is that LED anything special? wide angle? super bright? or is it just white light? can i pick up something similar at radio shack you think?
Probably not available at Radio Shack, it is a superbright with a magnifying type lens (kind of like the lens on the busa hi-beam). No clearance issues with either the light or plate in re: to the tire.

How much light do they put out. I've been looking for something small I could put on my dragbike. Something really small, low power consumption, and enough light to reflect off the white side walls. I dont really care about seeing the track I only want to know where the wall is. Or maybe the uv version

<!--EDIT|rosco15
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131307287 -->

Back