LED Mirror Turn Signals

Posted: Oct. 22 2003,12:18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (RazoRRBlade @ Oct. 22 2003,10:14)
Clear Alternatives makes the Round 2" LED PCB assembly (with 45 LEDs) that I used, for all you do-it-yourselfers... They are $20 each, though. Mikey D can undercut that price and go into beezness for himself!

It is a great mod. Just remember that I was the "first to do it...first to post it!"

I'll still supply anyone that doesn't want to make the mirror assembly themself for $180 (+ cost of mirror if not supplied).

Later, guys & dolls! Keep at least one slick to the pavement!

Razor,
I certainly have no intentions of undercutting anything! I loathe the though of going into buisness!
I am complementing your work and am going to use a variation of your idea in my classroom.

If you are interested I can supply you with info & suppliers to make your own boards, you can undercut your supplier. I am going to start experimenting with some Surface Mount (SMT) leds soon. If your interested, I'll let you know how it works out. The SMT's are smaller, flatter and do not require any drilling. Should be kinda cool!

Best of luck!

Mikey D [/QUOTE]

YO MIKEY D send me some of that info I'm alway trying to save a dollar.

Hey Razor ....been hitting you up on the email and pm all week
rock.gif

Razor,

In the UK, indicators are done in amber. Red ones don't hardly exist. Can you do amber or even better, gold as I am doing a gold and black 'Bus?

W

Rhythm, Thanx for the kudos, man! I always appreciate complements. I don't have any equipment for mounting LEDs; currently I buy the assembly from a supplier.

Mikey D, Thanx for the offer; I'm not really interested into making this a business either; but I will take any ideas/info that you may have. Can never know enough! I just wanted to help out some 'Busa members outfit their rides. I don't have enough interest (in the mirrors) to make it worth my while. My main goal was to outfit my bike and I did so. I'll do the best I can to help anyone else out that wants the mod too.

Thinker, Let me know, bro!

Dezzy, I haven't seen any PM or emails from you yet. I just got back in town (I'm ridin' the Firebird not the Busa at the moment) Where are you sending them? My email is wstasikrr@aol.com. Let me know.

Texan, Hey, I can only get the assembly with red LEDs at the moment. I'll see what I can find out about amber. Hey, I work in Laurinburg which is the sister city for Obin, Scotland. How far is that from you? Also, my fiancee's family is originally from Scotland. Cool!

Later gang!

Rhythm, Thanx for the kudos, man! I always appreciate complements. I don't have any equipment for mounting LEDs; currently I buy the assembly from a supplier.

Mikey D, Thanx for the offer; I'm not really interested into making this a business either; but I will take any ideas/info that you may have. Can never know enough! I just wanted to help out some 'Busa members outfit their rides. I don't have enough interest (in the mirrors) to make it worth my while. My main goal was to outfit my bike and I did so. I'll do the best I can to help anyone else out that wants the mod too.

Thinker, Let me know, bro!

Dezzy, I haven't seen any PM or emails from you yet. I just got back in town (I'm ridin' the Firebird not the Busa at the moment) Where are you sending them? My email is wstasikrr@aol.com. Let me know.

Texan, Hey, I can only get the assembly with red LEDs at the moment. I'll see what I can find out about amber. Hey, I work in Laurinburg which is the sister city for Obin, Scotland. How far is that from you? Also, my fiancee's family is originally from Scotland. Cool!

Later gang!
Razor,
I'll PM you the info I wrote up for Rythm Monday morning (when I get back to school). I haven't experimented with the SMT stuff yet, although I found a supplier and have ordered parts. Cool ultra bright blue SMT LED's & resistor chips. Usually sold in quantities of 3k or 8k and $2.00 apiece! Found them in small quantities for .41 ea! I also found solder paste, but have to wait until we get the supplier (solderpasteonline.com believe it or not!) in our system.
If you'd like, I'll keep you posted on the SMT stuff. Looks really neat, ultra small, pottable, really bright etc...

Mikey

Good lQQnk out M.D. !  Keep me up 2 date with your lab work with the SMT especially with how to remove them from the boards .

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067160318 -->

Razor,

Oban in on the west coast near Glasgow. It is some of the most beautiful riding in Sotland and a good place to kick off a west coast ride.

My surname is McDonald and while I was born in Texas, my 3rd great grandfather immigrated from Skye, an island on the west coast.

Thanks for looking into the lights for me. I really appreciate it.

My email is WesLMcDonald@aol.com.

Thanks!

W

Where in Charlotte are you located ? I'm down in Gastonia and would love to see them up close . Hit me back and let me know where .

Midnight, I dropped you a note on PM. Let me know.

Anyone interested in a great deal on a Blacked-Out-Stealth-Bomber Busa...check out the Classifieds...
firedevil.gif

Hi RazoRRBlade  ,
I am very much interested and I did try to PM you and even email you but I always got an error message . Could you please email me on madlyhs@mail.ru cos I am interested in placing an order .

Thanks

sad.gif
i feel so frustrated to read that you guys have time to do all this stuff!!! damn! how can you afford the time!!! and here in Europe i don't know anyone who builds this kind of stuff, so you guys could really sell it a lot in here... of course it's not cheap, but it's nice!

Back