LED Mirror Turn Signals

CA,

I don't have etched mirror blanks, I actually etch the glass of your mirror. If you mean the template, I only have one so its not for sale.

Sounds like a solo mission....Let me know if I can help you work it out...

Razzorrblade, hey man Mauldin is just a suburb of Greenville, an hour and a half drive. I'm up there quite a bit for the bike and car shows, plus my motorcycle club goes to a lot of the other biker clubs functions in the area. I could bring the mirrors up with no problem.

Do you use standard round LED's, the ultra bright round LED's, or surface mounted LED's? I teach electronics and this looks like something I can adapt to a lab project.
Thanks!

Mikey D, I use a 2" round PCB with 45 standard round LEDs.

Thinker, Creeper, I still haven't located a good clear adhesive/silicon RTV. I'm still workin' on it...

Creeper, Let me know if you want to stop by sometime to check 'em out; this weekend I'll be in Laurinburg riding with my bros. Let me know...

<marquee>See ya later...Busa Gator...</marquee>

Mikey D, I use a 2" round PCB with 45 standard round LEDs.
Thank you.  That explaing the [glow=] intensity [/glow] !!! Have you ever attempted any SMT stuff?  I was thinking of trying it with my HS students, but have no experience with them.  Do you drill & etch your own boards?
We use a laser jet/ iron on transfer method that seems to work well.

Mikey D,

I do not drill and etch my own boards; I have a supplier. I use the large <table style=filter:glow(color=red)>LEDs</table> because I need to take up as much space as possible, Surface Mount <table style=filter:glow(color=Blue)>LEDs</table> can be tiny.

<table style=filter:xray>I am an electrical engineer and am interested in board etching, though.</table>

Did my <table style=filter:glow(color=purple)>GLOW</table> work?

Mikey D,

For the <table style=filter:glow(color=red)>GLOW</table> feature, press the <table style=filter:glow(color=red)>G</table> button; there will be a prompt to type Glow Color, type a color; there will then be a prompt to type the Glow Text; type the word that you want to glow.

Note: It doesn't work like you are accustomed to: Typing the word and than highlighting it and pressing <table style=filter:glow(color=blue)>GLOW</table> function button.

P.S. I typed: "I am an electrical engineer and am interested in board etching, though" in the previous post in <table style=filter:glow(color=Purple)>X-Ray</table> but it is difficult to see...

<table style=filter:invert>Invert is cool Too!</table>

Later!

Mikey D,

For the <table style=filter:glow(color=red)>GLOW</table> feature, press the <table style=filter:glow(color=red)>G</table> button; there will be a prompt to type Glow Color, type a color; there will then be a prompt to type the Glow Text; type the word that you want to glow.

Note: It doesn't work like you are accustomed to: Typing the word and than highlighting it and pressing <table style=filter:glow(color=blue)>GLOW</table> function button.

P.S. I typed: "I am an electrical engineer and am interested in board etching, though" in the previous post in <table style=filter:glow(color=Purple)>X-Ray</table> but it is difficult to see...

<table style=filter:invert>Invert is cool Too!</table>

Later!
Thanks RB

<table style=filter:glow(color=blue)>did this work?</table>

Drilling & etching is easy, could save you big $ also.  Let me know if you are interested & I'll write up some procedures.

Mikey

P.S. I guess it worked!

not a prob!!!!!! i love to give out info... just takes so long to get the steps all typed out
sad.gif
but i have taken one (KANJA MIRRORS) so i thought i would give one too
biggrin.gif
any who chekc out me lights

check out my LED mirror turn signals i just finished them last night check it

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'></span></span>

RazoRRBlade you have mail both email and a Pm...call me i'll be in charlotee friday and most of next week

firedevil.gif
Clear Alternatives makes the Round 2" LED PCB assembly (with 45 LEDs) that I used, for all you do-it-yourselfers... They are $20 each, though. Mikey D can undercut that price and go into beezness for himself!

It is a great mod. Just remember that I was the "first to do it...first to post it!"

I'll still supply anyone that doesn't want to make the mirror assembly themself for $180 (+ cost of mirror if not supplied).

Later, guys & dolls! Keep at least one slick to the pavement!
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif
Clear Alternatives makes the Round 2" LED PCB assembly (with 45 LEDs) that I used, for all you do-it-yourselfers... They are $20 each, though. Mikey D can undercut that price and go into beezness for himself!

It is a great mod. Just remember that I was the "first to do it...first to post it!"

I'll still supply anyone that doesn't want to make the mirror assembly themself for $180 (+ cost of mirror if not supplied).

Later, guys & dolls! Keep at least one slick to the pavement!  
firedevil.gif
Razor,
I certainly have no intentions of undercutting anything!  I loathe the though of going into buisness!  
AAAssjani.gif

I am complementing your work and am going to use a variation of your idea in my classroom.

If you are interested I can supply you with info & suppliers to make your own boards, you can undercut your supplier.  I am going to start experimenting with some Surface Mount (SMT) leds soon.  If your interested, I'll let you know how it works out.  The SMT's are smaller, flatter and do not require any drilling.  Should be kinda cool!

Best of luck!

Mikey D

firedevil.gif

RazoRRBlade
New Recruit

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, guys & dolls! Keep at least one slick to the pavement! [/QUOTE]

$180 is a honest price for them Razor ,I personnally felt $250 to $300 was off the chart for this mod when the customer provided the mirrors. Do you have you own personal "equipment" for placing the surface mount (micro) LEDs or are you doing it at work on your spare time ? Also you should think about doing the Gauge cluster as well. There are a few Playaz here that would like this mod that have Indiglo gauges and would like to have the mileage and clock light the same color as there custom colored speedo, better yet you can do the whole cluster for those that do not have indiglo gauges . Just my .02 Pimp

Keep your knees in the breeze !

Back