LED Locations?

oct2317

Registered
Anybody know where a good place to put LEDs on the bike. Pics or ideas, im new at this DIY stuff but i want to save some money.Thanks

You mean like the show ones? Last time I talked to an LEO about this, he said the LED's/Neon is legal here in Cali as long as you can't visibly see the bulbs. So just about everywhere pointing down. :cheerleader:

I'm still considering it but I did quite a bit of browsing and came up with.
If your all chrome make sure you get the chrome housings.
At the back of both calipers and follow the brake lines.
In the center of the swingarm.
By drilling a small hole at the front of the intake tubes and threading it through, lites up the intake vents.
...and the four main fairing vents, thats my seven.

I just finished putting on the led flexible 6" strips that can change tons of colors and let me tell you I will never do it again first off the Busa has no where near enough chrome so you have to place them perfectly and yes it can be done I just did not care for the work it took to do it right the one thing I did find out is you can buy extra tubes and just solder them it handles the extra lights fine I went with one extra under the front so I used 7 lights. I was in discount auto parts and seen the short neons yesterday I bet those are much brighter then leds so you would only need a few instead of 7. Ok I put one under the rear tail section, one on each side under the covers next to the seat, one in each side where the heat from the engine exits, one under the front fender and one up under the front fairing to light up the front shock area. I will say it does look good but not worth the work of running all of the wires.:poke:

I think it's well worth the trouble for the look.. :beerchug:

wm_normal_2000_hayabusa_065large.jpg

wm_normal_2000_hayabusa_029large.jpg

The best led's are the ones that BigRod 1300 called hyper lights. I just Got mine a couple of weeks ago. I haven't put them on yet cause my bike is not yet put back together,but soon as I do I will post picks

The best led's are the ones that BigRod 1300 called hyper lights. I just Got mine a couple of weeks ago. I haven't put them on yet cause my bike is not yet put back together,but soon as I do I will post picks

^^^
I agree. I will get mine soon..but I just don;t feel like running the wire and get the quick disconnector when you have to remove the fairing.

The best led's are the ones that BigRod 1300 called hyper lights.

Oh really.. Because I think my Low Budget Busa looks pretty good and there isn't a hyper lite one on her.. :whistle:
Just because they are pricey don't make them the best now does it? ???

Back