led lights

bradsbusa

Registered
AAAssjani.gif
   mneed help with wire running of 4  red leds to mount under bike for a ufo look do u wire in series or parrele l
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif
crazy.gif
eek2.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

I would not wire them in series. If one set of LEDs goes out, then all your other LEDs will be out as well. I have LEDs on my Busa. I wired each set of lights to a common power source (battery). I would recommend the same for you. Good luck!

I had LEDs behind the fairings of my first Busa (04LE). I had white ones. I spent too much money and too much time to realize that with all the body work that we have, placement is crucial. If you don't get these things in exactly the correct location and pointing the correct direction, you are wasting money and time. There is a guy here that has green LEDs on his scoot (05LE, I think). It looks awesome.

Don

I believe two wire per LED is best. Also, wire placement is critical. It took me hours to get things just the way I wanted. Before you mount your lights by drilling or double-sided tape, I would recommend you to use some electical tape and temporarily mount the lights in your desired spots. Then turn them on (in the dark of course) to see if you achieve the lighting effect that you were looking for. I had to do this several times before I was satisfied. The electrical tape won't damage any of the plastic. Good luck again.

the best way to go about it is to buy the led strips, its only 2 wires and depending on how long of strip you get will determin how many lights are on the strip...
this is my bike with 12 strips, diff lengths, giving me a total of around 90 led bulbs...

its an old pic but you get the idea

HPIM0983-1.jpg

here is an example of strip placement that i used...

HPIM1035.jpg

hope that helps

I was about to put up SPEEDEMON's pic . I'm about to mount all mine , just tring to see where to place the LED's I also have a couple strobes to place.
beerchug.gif

(bradsbusa @ Mar. 18 2007,10:07) i have 4 single leds and i dont want 8 wires
You can wire in parallel with single wire back to fuse or battery.

| LED |
| LED |
| LED |
| LED |

+ -

Well my bike glows like SPEEDEMON's !
super.gif
I'll try to get some pics up soon

(frisbee @ Apr. 24 2007,01:03) Well my bike glows like SPEEDEMON's !
super.gif
awesome

the LED thing is a love or hate kind of thing, i love it, cant wait to see pics

(SPEEDEMON @ Apr. 24 2007,03:45)
super.gif
awesome

I noticed that your nose doesn't glow . Do you have any there? I put 12 under the nose and they aren't very bright but the bike is lowered. I'm going to add some more . I still have 2 pods and 2 strobes to add .

(frisbee @ Apr. 24 2007,19:19)
(SPEEDEMON @ Apr. 24 2007,03:45)
super.gif
awesome

I noticed that your nose doesn't glow . Do you have any there? I put 12 under the nose and they aren't very bright but the bike is lowered. I'm going to add some more . I still have 2 pods and 2 strobes to add .
well in that pic all the light you see in front of the bike is one strip under the nose, the bike is also lowerd but raised in the pic from the stands...
i have since changed the setup and put two smaller strips on the inside of the front fender, on either side of the wheel....looks awesome, but you got to be real carefull with placemnt, you dont want any wires catching on the wheel...it shows off the rotors and wheels real nice, especially when i had the PVM 20 spokes...

You need to know what the voltage of the LEDs is, too (1.8v, 2v, 5v, 12v?)! You may need to put a resistor on the LED(s) or they will 'blow'.

(omslaw @ Apr. 24 2007,17:10) You need to know what the voltage of the LEDs is, too  (1.8v, 2v, 5v, 12v?)!  You may need to put a resistor on the LED(s) or they will 'blow'.
I have the custom dynamics kit that was in the group buy , it comes with everything you need . I also upgraded to the better remote so I can turn one section on or all ect, ect ... . Of course it was pricey I think it was $200. And I need a couple more.
biggrin.gif

(SPEEDEMON @ Apr. 24 2007,17:03) .
well in that pic all the light you see in front of the bike is one strip under the nose, the bike is also lowerd but raised in the pic from the stands...
i have since changed the setup and put two smaller strips on the inside of the front fender, on either side of the wheel....looks awesome, but you got to be real carefull with placemnt, you dont want any wires catching on the wheel...it shows off the rotors and wheels real nice, especially when i had the PVM 20 spokes...[/Quote]
Front wheels huh , sounds like a good spot for the pods!

(frisbee @ Apr. 24 2007,22:43)
(SPEEDEMON @ Apr. 24 2007,17:03) .
i have since changed the setup and put two smaller strips on the inside of the front fender, on either side of the wheel....looks awesome, but you got to be real carefull with placemnt, you dont want any wires catching on the wheel...it shows off the rotors and wheels real nice, especially when i had the PVM 20 spokes...
Front wheels huh , sounds like a good spot for the pods![/Quote]
I'm going to add more, but FWIW I have got two 6 LED pods mounted under the neck pointing down at the front fender. If you mount there be very careful and check for full steering clearance first.

I'll probably add two more there. I haven't taken any pics of my setup yet, as it's not perfected. Still need to get a couple more strips and a few more pods...then I will rewire them all for a nice clean install.
beerchug.gif

(thebbbusa @ Apr. 24 2007,19:58) [ I'm going to add more, but FWIW I have got two 6 LED pods mounted under the neck pointing down at the front fender.  If you mount there be very careful and check for full steering clearance first.

I'll probably add two more there.  I haven't taken any pics of my setup yet, as it's not perfected.  Still need to get a couple more strips and a few more pods...then I will rewire them all for a nice clean install.
beerchug.gif
Sounds like you got some light up front . The pods seem to work great . With my bike lowered I don't think I could put them there.

Back