led lights

bird1300

Registered
Where can I find some led lights to mount near my chrome wheels and inside the fairing? Any of you know of a website that sells em?

typically those are not LED's but neons, and you can pick them up at just about any auto parts store and even Wal-Marts.

typically those are not LED's but neons, and you can pick them up at just about any auto parts store and even Wal-Marts.
Used to be true, but there are a few manufacterers that make some super bright LED's that pull even less energy, are brighter, tougher, and their small size simplifies install (So I have heard).

These folks also make a product called glow wire, pretty cool stuff. Check it out. If these folks do not have what you are after, there are other sources online. Do a Google search for LED's

<span style='color:blue'>Glowire</span>

You can get the glowire stuff at autosone or advance auto parts as well. Are at least you can in my part of the country--hey its the south NASCAR country the auto shops have everything, including the super LED's and the 10x brighter neons. Even Circuit City carries car stuff in my neighbor hood -- heck i ALmost bought a Airflow breather for my GMC in circuit city today---And you thought they only sold electronics
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Make your own like I did !  Get your LED lights from DIGI Key.com and the CHROME LED housing and resistor from radio shack .  These babies put out 6000mcd ( you can land aircraft with these babies)and only burn milli ampz at a time (f those neon tubez they consume way too much energy)

Check this out Pimp<<<<<<<< I can leave the bike  on for hours at a time.

............. FIles is too big but basically the whole bike is lit up using led lights .

DSC00682.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Make your own like I did !  Get your LED lights from DIGI Key.com and the CHROME LED housing and resistor from radio shack .  These babies put out 6000mcd ( you can land aircraft with these babies)and only burn milli ampz at a time (f those neon tubez they consume way too much energy)
Are there any instructions on how it all goes together? Like for the resistor and all. Do you have any part no.s for the stuff you used? Would this set up be better than the step light led that uses 3 led's pointing in defferent directions? How much money am I looking at?

I dont know of any illustrated inst but all that I did was use a 12v source 5 mil LED light rated at 6000mcd wired a 430 resistor inline, feed into chrome LED housing and <span style='color:red'></span>Bam.  There it is Playa !   As far as three deal thinga ma gingy your reffering too I cant comment on . Hell Pimp you can land aircraft with this type of rating (6000mcd) >>>>>>>>>>>>>Can you say Bling

Back