led lights in the mirrors?

Ford doesn't have a patent on motorcycle mirrors so odds are the guy was tired of doing them. Anyone considered just replacing the glass with one way mirrored glass so you can place LEDS and circuits board behind the mirror? I've done it twice and it works fine.

Suz4life most people have problems getting the original glass out without tearing up shytt.

ANy tips for em.

JD

Suz4life most people have problems getting the original glass out without tearing up shytt.

ANy tips for em.

JD
cover the mirror with masking tape. use a pointed ball peen hammer and bust it in the center. mirror will then fold and come out. Tape should allow you to replicate the sizing you need for the replacement glass. Take it to a mirror shop and have them cut it to size.

Get a circuit board and leds from radio shack. Solder the leds per intensity you wish to achieve( I don't have the patience to type out how to string up leds) Once the board is done make some very thin spacers slightly taller than the leds themselves so they ALMOST touch the glass. Silicone the edge of the board to the glass with some dabs on the edges of the spacers to keep them from moving. Then silicone the crap out of the back of the board to make it water tight. Drill your hole as needed and if you had the glass cut right it will pop back into place.

ALLOT easier than drilling and sealing the unit from the front.

nice....i actually bought blue turn signals that i can mount behind the glass so i dont think i need a circuit board.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4545613255&category=34284

nice....i actually bought blue turn signals that i can mount behind the glass so i dont think i need a circuit board.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4545613255&category=34284
I'd check your local laws before installing blue lights. I know here in Pa only red or amber lights can be displayed on the rear or visible from the rear of a vehicle. I'd hate to see you get a ticket for something dumb.

Back