Led brake light bulbs

Shouldn't I don't think ??? I think you only need to add load to correct fast flashing on turn signals. But I'm sure someone will chime in shortly with a definite yea or nea.

Yeah, it only needs a load resister for the blinking on turn signals. And most LED blinkers will have it built in.

They are right, no load resistors for brake lights. If you get some led replacements for your blinkers that don't have them installed already one member here found an electronic flasher will also cure turbo blinker. I am having trouble finding the tread but they are available at most auto parts stores.

So.. they don't have LED bulbs for blinkers with the resistor already build it? The turbo does give the people a thing to think about though.

No, but your lights will blink at a much higher rate until you get an EP35 flasher relay or put on the load resistors

(beating a dead horse, but....) No need for the tail light.

The reason there is a problem with the turn signals is that the flasher uses a bimetallic strip to make the flashing work. The electrical current through the strip heats it up, which makes it bend, opening the circuit which stops the current, causing the strip to cool off and straightening it out, closing the circuit, starting the process again for the next flash. The LED turn signals do not draw enough electrical current to make the flasher work. Adding a PARALLEL load resistor draws more current so the flasher works correctly, but you're just adding a heating element to your bike. Given that the EP35 electronic flasher (and others) will cost about the same as adding the load resistors AND it does not make you add some monkeyed wiring to your bike, the new flasher is the ONLY intelligent choice.

Is there a listing or link to the actual pieces AJAY? Very interested in doing this today.
Amazon.com: Tridon EP35 Flasher: Automotive
I actually used a different one from a local autoparts store for $10. Look for one that says either "electronic flasher" or "LED flasher".
And here is a first class writeup by oRg member (and moderator?) omslaw: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/electrical-mods/84848-diy-led-flasher-mod.html
This is the right way to make your bike work with LED turn signals. Note that this has nothing to do with the LED taillight question from the OP.

Back