Leaving hayabusa up for winter on stands

Toddvk

Registered
Hey everyone, trying to get a feel for who leaves their Hayabusa up in the air for the winter on both front and rear stands. I was taking the final steps to store my bikes for the long winter up here in upstate ny and put the bike up on both the front and rear stands. Just being over protective I guess but does everyone do this for the winter and has anyone had any bad experiences leaving the bike up on both stands for such a extended period of time, such as falling over or stand failure? I have both the rear spool stand and front stand that goes under the front forks with the padded arms from Redline Engineering. Give me some feedback if you could. Thanks.

I know guys that leave the bike on the stands all winter with no issues. In fact, if your winter is long, I believe it is better than just letting it sit on tires. I've left my bike on the stands for 6 weeks with no problems before. As long as you don't have constant people around it that could tip it over, you should be fine.

Yeah I cant imagine anything happening to it? I know guys who just leave em on the kickstand crammed in the back of a garage for months on end and worst case scenario they have to hook up a battery tender to it for an hour or so. Wouldn't recommend that method but to each his own

IF IT'S FOR THE SAKE OF HAVING WEIGHT ON THE SHOCKS A BIKE WILL MAKE NO DIFFERENTS ON OR OFF THE BIKE STANDS, FOR TIRES JUST OVER INFLATE THEM A LITTLE..... BUT ON STANDS FOR A FEW MONTHS:whistle:....NEVER HEARD OF ANY PROBLEMS

As long as they are good stands you should have no problems.
Better to keep tires off the ground so they don't flat spot.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I'll leave my baby up on the stands and just keep an eye on it. I bought good stands so I hope I have no issues. I've just never left the bike up in the air long term, always did what I had to do and then put it back on the ground, but leaving the bike up on both stands does make sense.

Mine sits like this (plus a cover) for a minimum of 5 months a year.. :(

my bike is up on both stands after every ride simply because i have kids and i don't feel confident in "the kickstand". it's good practice for cold weather because the concrete will beat up the rubber and develop flat spots. i would also pull the battery and stick it in a warm place like your closet to avoid jack frost from draining it come spring. oh, and i throw a fleece flat sheet over her so dust and crap stays of of her but that is probably a bit overkill on my part.

It's also good practice to fill the gas tank up to the brim as well. Nothing worse than a rusty gas tank. :banghead:

It's also good practice to fill the gas tank up to the brim as well. Nothing worse than a rusty gas tank. :banghead:

+1000. And if I may add, run this thru the system before storage:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4FkWg_27IqpF43iop5-wAyDchYu54stI5H3X8vVxFkhPoI_g0ZA.jpg

Back