Leaving Friday Sept 5th

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Myself and three others are headed to the great state of Arkansas for some weekend riding. Plan on riding several highways like "scenic" 7, "The little dragon" 341, and a host of others..........

if you get close to El Dorado... me and a friend of mine would like to meet up with you all for the ride...

Birdaprey, would love to take you up on that. However, we weren't planning on venturing that far south! Will be shredding the northwest region. If you've got plans to head north over the weekend let me know...........

To bad you won't be there the first weekend in October for the big Bikes, Blues, and BBQ Festival. Quite an event. It's in Fayetteville. I was there last year and I'll be there again this year.

Birdaprey, would love to take you up on that. However, we weren't planning on venturing that far south! Will be shredding the northwest region. If you've got plans to head north over the weekend let me know...........
Ks waterbug:
I'll be going to the biker bash in Dallas/Fortworth on the 20th of this month. have you and your group thought about this rally before?

Hadn't heard about it before, sounds like fun! Have to check with the boss and see what's in store for me around that weekend...........

Are ya back yet? If so how was the ride? Some good roads you are riding there. I used to hit those on my hawk!

Back sort of safely, had a blast! The trip was well thought out and planned. For such a quick turn around we had a blast... Most of the roads in this region will push you and your bike to the limits. After are first day of riding the "chicken strips" on the tires were completly unnoticable. No, folks this definitely ain't Kansas..... Only one mishap which could have been avoided with a little patience! Went to pass a group of cars on a straight away. Got the all clear from up front via Chatterbox and started to make my move. Didn't see a car getting ready to pull out of a private drive. By the time I realized the vehicle was headed my way I'd already reached the point of no return. The car I was passing mimicked my every move leaving me no where to go! Within seconds I was headed for a head on collision! By now I was on the brakes full force (so hard in fact smoke was coming off both tires!) The back of the bike tried to pass me, but I held on. Ever seen Bambi on ice (this is what I felt like)..... Lucky for me I managed to regain controll of the sliding bike and hug up next to the car I had tried to pass. The other car zoomed by me and I finally got back in my lane! Needless to say we all pulled over ASAP and I emptied my pants. Drove the next six miles with a flat spot on my tires (Ok kidding) but, you would have thought there should have been some as hard as I was on the brakes. :eek:

Sheesh!

Glad to hear you are ok! I hate having to keep riding after a close call. It always takes me a bit to regather my composure...

Back