Leavenworth KS for a Year

markhurd101

Registered
Guys

I am stationed in Leavenworth KS for a year, can anyone sponcer me with info on where to take the bike for work to be done, or where to hang out!

Smithers is the place to go. Great group of folks there to ride with. What has you in the prison capital of the world? :laugh:

and will he be able to ride...now thats the question lol

Ok, so which course are you taking? CGSC? Jedei Warrior? CAX?

Have fun!

I lived in Leavenworth from Sept/85 to Aug/97 (dad was chief of mental rehab for base & USDB) Kansas HWY 5 is about the only good road with twisties, it starts out by turning east just past the VA and runs for about 10 miles and leads out to a 2 mile straight with only about 3-4 cross roads. This also will take you to 435 south,which will take you to Shawnee Mission Park which is a great place to meet other bikers on the weekends. Smithers is the man in that neck of the woods:thumbsup: Theres also alot of good roads north on 92 towards Easton (just past the big house) Theres a ton of history to be found there as well. Don't use the access road on the back of the base by the airport for a dragstrip,the MP's tend to dislike this and will block both ends of the road:whistle: I'm just an hour and a half east- send me a pm if you ever want to ride,theres also a group of members from KC that put a ride together every Sun. morning:thumbsup: Way back in the gangster days, Al Capone refered to Leavenworth as 'Little Vegas' thanks to all the bars down town in such a small area. Enjoy your stay- despite 8 different prisons it's really a nice quiet city:beerchug:

I live about twenty minutes from you...Any Busa work you need just holler at me and I can get you taken care of...Their are several reputable shops in our area, if you need any custom accesories or add ons let me know a short hour ride from you is a great local shop that can get you anything and everything you need for your Busa...

Greg Sago

Ill pm you my contact info...

:welcome: Glad to have you in the area. We have a great bunch of members here in the KC area. If ya need something just give us a shout. We need to get a ride together KC crew!!!

Guys, this is great information! i am here for CGSC and i want to get some seat time in since my last job kept me from the track scene. i here you guys have a 2.9 mile track about 62 miles from here. i am going to try and make a track day before the season is over so any sugestions would be helpfull. I have Raceteck springs and aulves that need to be installed as well as ceramic bearings for my wheels. BLUF... i need to get back in the groove and relearn the bike post eye operation.

Guys, this is great information! i am here for CGSC and i want to get some seat time in since my last job kept me from the track scene. i here you guys have a 2.9 mile track about 62 miles from here. i am going to try and make a track day before the season is over so any sugestions would be helpfull. I have Raceteck springs and aulves that need to be installed as well as ceramic bearings for my wheels. BLUF... i need to get back in the groove and relearn the bike post eye operation.

The best 10 months of your life! Enjoy the time to take a knee and do things you enjoy. You'll be in good hands there.

Congrats, CGSC is supposed to be your mid-career "break" am certain you've earned it; I had to do it the hard way (USAR Schools); took me 2 years to complete but heck, I still got the certificate that's all that counts! thanks for your service!

Guys

once again thanks for all the support! Went to Smither Performance Center today and it was an awsome experence. Everyone was helpful and friendly, and Steve and his wife are really great people. I cant wait to see how he helps me tune the L.H.O.G, i will keep you posted:thumbsup:

:welcome: Glad to have you in the area. We have a great bunch of members here in the KC area. If ya need something just give us a shout. We need to get a ride together KC crew!!!

We do...and Sunday is supposed to be some nice weather! :whistle:

Back