Leathers

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Just a quick question. What do you guys and gals use to clean your leathers inside? I mean, after a sweltering summer of racing, they kinda have an odor to them. Is there anything that I can do? Do I need to take them to a dry cleaners?

Thanks,
Brian

febreze....
biggrin.gif

I would gather you need to invest in some leather cleaner and clean your suit on a regular basis.

First, I start by wearing Under Armor Heat Gear (long sleeve shirt, long compression shorts under my leather jacket and jeans to help with the sweat issue.

Clean/Condition leather with just that.

Last ditch effort, hang the jacket up with a bunch of Febreze brand dryer sheets stuffed in the sleeves and pockets.
biggrin.gif

I start by wearing Under Armor Heat Gear[/QUOTE]
+1....and skull cap under the helmet. Joe Rocket makes a "fishnet" body suit that gets good reviews as well.

febreze....
biggrin.gif

I would gather you need to invest in some leather cleaner and clean your suit on a regular basis.
it's prolly the liner of the suit, more so than the actual leather surface that is the cause of these oders ....

A little Lysol to kiil the bacteria causing the oders...then Febreze to freshen it up.

After it gets where you want it...just try the various racer website to see what works.....
underarmor is good but I think it wicks water away from your body...then it would leave it against your suit...the same this you already have going on...but I haven't used it, so... I dunno for sure.

I start by wearing Under Armor Heat Gear
+1....and skull cap under the helmet. Joe Rocket makes a "fishnet" body suit that gets good reviews as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, forgot that one NM, I also wear a Nike heat gear skull cap to kepp the helmet freash and have the Bohn pant armor on order put together w/ Lycra.

Yeah I think it is the liner. I wish the liner would come out, then I could wash it. But I guess I will try the Lysol in water and use a washcloth to clean em with. I will see if that works!

Back