Leathers/ helmets/accs.

bailey

Registered
I just bought a Busa. What is the best type and manuf. for jackets.
Also what is the best helmets with good ventilation.
Anyone use the chatter boxes.

Want to spend about 350 for jacket and 350 for helmet.

Thanks for any info.

The Capt. uses a chatter box..He had a review of it and the stem bolt holder..they worked quite well from what he had said..i'm sure he'll get on here and tell ya all about it..He also bought some ballistic nylon (Jacket).

Whats the best helmet and apparel??? that like asking a non-busa owner whats the best bike :hammerhead: . I've got a belstaff avalon jacket made of cordura-it has a zipout thermal liner and i can wear it year round. Even on hot days its still comfortable. it also has places for CE armor in the elbows,shoulders, and back. And is water resistant. About $240 bucks oh and it has enough pockets that are easy to get to.

I've got an HJC CL-12 helmet - i did alot of reading and reviews and the HJC was the best helmet dollor for dollar. there's always arai and some others. But the the weight was about the same on all of them, and the and all were SNell and DOT approved. And the HJC cost me under $200 whereas the Arai starts at about 375 and the one i liked was closr to $450-500.... Check the www.helmetshop.com for a good look at the helmets and after checking they also had the best prices by far. I'm getting ready to get the new HJC Symtex its a flipface helmet-similiar to the Nolan Classic 100 but you can flip the front up on the fly because there is only one release button. ITs DOT approved, but not SNELL-Snell isn't set up to test flipface helmets. But the HJC factory is a Snell test site. So I'ld assume that its a quality helmet.

Finally, try em on and see what you're comfortable with. You may want it to be a little tight because it'll break down some on the inside over time.but don't get it uncomfortably tight.

Hope this helps
ernaehrung004.gif
HEre's to joining the Busa family of riders

The chatterbox is well worth to money If you have any friends you ride with,could save your life or one off theirs. you can also hook up a radio and or cell phone depending on what what model you buy,also has ability to talk to your passenger if they have a headset.

cyclecop I dont have a chatterbox, I have a motorola FRS radio with a helmet speaker system and a PTT button on the handlebars.....

Here in Texas, the summers get hot (100 degree's +).  I wear the Vanson CSRV perforated jacket, not cheap $550 - $650.  I like the fit of the Arai helmets, I have a melon head and it fits the best.

aktion035.gif

Arai helmet, Joe Rocket Ballistic Jacket. You really should buy equipment that fits you, not because of a name or reputation.

Billy

I got all of my stuff from www.brocktoncycle.com I got the arai helmet for 399 (normally 540, the suzuki full leather jacket for 239 (normally 500) and the leather tech suzuki pants for 139 (normally 240). They have awesome prices and a wide selection. They also have some shoei helmet for 199.

YOU CAN GET LAST YEARS MODEL SHOEIS FOR UNDER 350 TRY WWW.HELMET HOUSE
AND YOU CAN GET FULL RACE SUIT,2 PC,AND OR LEATHERS OR CORDURA USED FOR UNDER 350 AT WWW.NEW ENOUGH.COM.LOOK AT CLOSE OUTS AND USED.
ALSO IF YOU CAN GET TO THE DALLAS AREA,MOTO LIBERTY ALWAYS HAS USED AND CLOSE OUT CLOTHING ON SALE TRY WWW.MOTOLIBERTY

Rich, you are digging in deep for these old threads. What's up?

resurrection.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back