Leathers / Gear Advice

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone have any experience with these guys? Called looking to see what they had for gear and the first thing they wanted to push was Frank Thomas. Never heard of them? Google shows mixed reviews on the gear.

Cycle Gear Store #74
Brandon - Team Leader
6343 Summer Avenue

Memphis, TN 38134

Frank Thomas is Cycle Gear's house brand. My brother has a two piece Frank Thomas suit and he loves it. He also went down in a different Frank Thomas leather jacket and it held up really good. I'm going to buy one soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Never rode Frank thomas stuff but I did buy my Dainese stuff there and it is GREAT quality. Crashed it hard and it held up well, no tears anywhere.

My GF has some Frank Thomas leather pants and loves them, also has a jacket we just got the other day but hasnt had a chance to wear it yet.

I wear a Frank Thomas two piece suit, and I am very happy with it. Going on 3 years now with it.

Just be ready to break in whatever you buy. My suit didnt soften up till I rode in the rain.

Remember what I told you about 2 piece!

Also remember that you can usually save 20% and no tax ordering online. Most online vendors now have liberal return policies also. And, BUY A 2 PIECE!

I have the Frank Thomas two piece also. Good suit for the $ Also might check with the site sponsors, or someone like newenough.com for some great closeout prices.

Also try on other brands, A-Stars and Dainese has some nice gear. A while back at Cycle Gear I tried on a 800-900 dollar Dainese Jacket and OMG!!! the fit was incredible, it felt light and the leather was soft and supple. I had to get out of there fast before I ended up spending a couple more grand on gear.

Dainese is just about the best out there that there is, but it's also a HEFTY price. If you've got the $$, go for it. For decent gear for some less scratch, take a look at the new speed and strength suits.

Back