Learning to ride

Probably could've called this post "Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self".

BTW - you mean we can get even MORE power for these things?

Wonderful advice...

If there's one thing I keep learning over and over, it's that I'll never be the ultimate rider. No matter how much seat time I get, or how many close calls I avoid, how many "oh, cool, now I understand how that works or feels" will prepare me for that ONE thing I don't see coming.

Riding should always be a learning curve; and have good luck with dodging the idiots...
cool.gif

Nawh the wife is active duty I work as a resource advisor for one of the Squadron as a Civ.
Aviano Air Force base in Northern Italy, 50 miles from Venice, close to Austria, Slovenia, Germany. The riding from what I have seen sofar is probably the best in the world. The base is very hi tempo and the most worked (by the numbers coming out of USAFE) United States Air Force Europe. Very hi stress base. Depending on your job I wouldn't come this way for more then 2-3 years max!!!!
Stationed 9 miles from the Italian Alps and 3 minutes from a bunch of twisties that go on and on for hours if you have enough gas:) Simply beautiful riding, see my post "Pics from Italy" Cortina. Also "pics from Germany"
Good luck on your next assignment:)
Sweet, I will have to think about it! I may try for Livorno, cuz I have heard a lot about Aviano being too busy for family life, etc. Maybe I will end up riding with ya someday!

-Bill

the community is laid back, its the base thats freaking stressed out. When all the US bases don't meet their "flying hours" (time/money spent on flying jets) Aviano buys other bases "hours"
which simply means everyone works that much harder because our planes fly more. come to Aviano for the nice scenery and riding but be prepared for a boat load of work!

Back