Learned something new today

xx2busa

Registered
On my way to work today and about 5 miles before I get to work I smell something burning, almost like a tire smell. I anxiusly await one of my tires to go flat but it never occurs...I notice I need fuel so I decide to gas up 1/2 mile from work. No issues get done filling and then haul ass to work taking a couple of good hard turns. 4 hours later a co worker tell me their is a 2 foot wide puddle of fuel under my bike. sure enough i verify it and looks like its dripping down the back of the engine case and falling in between H-pipe. I make arrangements to get my steed towed and then I decide to jump on the Org to see if I can find any simmilar issues...Sure enough i see a posting about overfilling the tank and what symptoms show up....32000 miles and I had never noticed what happens when you over fill the tank:whistle: What really had me convinced a fuel line was ruptered was the burning smell from earlier in the morning, I thought for sure it was my bike. Later i just happened to ask another co worker if he smelled something strange on the way to work and he said yeah he thought he smelled burning wire in his car:banghead: Learn something new every day:laugh: thanks Org

Back