Learned something about my Busa today

trojan2k

Registered
Today, while taking the onramp to the highway, I found out that my kickstand is the first thing to drag:laugh:

P5104374.jpg

your supposed to grind the knobs off the limit on the kickstand mod....not the foot:poke:

I the back lowered, but not the front? The stator cover or fairings should have scuffed a bit also.

Stock height. Nothing else touched. That's the first thing I checked when I got home. I thougt it was my footpeg. The toe of my boot caught it a little too.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound right. It seems the kickstand went too much down under G-forces. I would check the kickstand springs, and make sure it's lubed at the pivot point.

Weakened springs or a missing spring (one of the two which should be there) could contribute to the kickstand going down that far. Also, absence of the lubrication at the pivot point may create a packing effect when going over small bumps - essentially the kickstand moves down just a bit, but because there is no lube at the pivot point, it does not return back fully. Every other bump advances it further and further down, so it ends up being a lot lower than it's supposed to be.

There is one more reason to really check them: if the kickstand went down that much, it could trigger the kickstand switch. This means your engine may cut off right at the maximum lean. I don't have to go into details what the consequences could be.

Let us know what's the deal.

Hey guys, listen up to old Jimbo here! Boo and hiss me all you want, but please don't be screwing around on on/off ramps! That's where you'll find the majority of oil and gas spillage from vehicles! Be aware of this and be careful!!

Back