Leaning towards this shock

Ohlins TTX36 is roughly 3.5 kg and is fitted with billet preload grip and aluminum bolts . I have no scales except bathroom , and I jumped on dressed at 121kg , and got 124.5 . I also weighed the equivalent top model specified for Gen 1 Busa , Ohlins SU406 , and that came up slightly under 3.5 kg , more like 3.4 kg . Best I can do , and yes ... I might get myself some better scales for xmas , and I will try again then .

Ohlins TTX36 is roughly 3.5 kg and is fitted with billet preload grip and aluminum bolts . I have no scales except bathroom , and I jumped on dressed at 121kg , and got 124.5 . I also weighed the equivalent top model specified for Gen 1 Busa , Ohlins SU406 , and that came up slightly under 3.5 kg , more like 3.4 kg . Best I can do , and yes ... I might get myself some better scales for xmas , and I will try again then .
I'm disappointed with all your Titanium that no good scale to be found in the house ;)

Fixed income is a real kill joy bro's .... and I got xmas , and todays my puppy birthday and customs are wanting a wad of cash for import from US .... all true I tell ya's , anyway don't hold ya breath , but I will look into it . I was seriously thinking about the proper motorcycle scales , pads x 2 at one stage , I am obsessed .... you all know that right !!

We need a go fund me
for Toad to get a higher

rated accurate scale guys .

Who is in ?

unlawful-actions-lawyer-attempts-to-kill-colleague-22364.jpg

they say 40 clicks of both rebound , and compression . I'll call them in the near future to see what they think .
What are you thinking? That shock has nothing to do with what you are ever going to use it for. All the adjustment in the world is not going to correct what that spring is rated for and how much over stock are you going to choose for arm length selection. You are not going to be happy when you get it as it will be a compromise in turns and for touring Schintz does have 2 other shocks same or less adjustment that make me drool & under a grand. This weight savings is not worth compromise.

What are you thinking? That shock has nothing to do with what you are ever going to use it for. All the adjustment in the world is not going to correct what that spring is rated for and how much over stock are you going to choose for arm length selection. You are not going to be happy when you get it as it will be a compromise in turns and for touring Schintz does have 2 other shocks same or less adjustment that make me drool & under a grand. This weight savings is not worth compromise.
I have a call into penske to discuss the shock. Yes it's a drag shock, but it is still built to order for arm length, bike weight, rider weight. We're not talking about taking a shock set up for a 250 lb rider on a 12 inch stretch to put on my rig. Generally the piggy back res is to keep the oil cooler.
Not planning on GP racing the bird so considering the option to go without it.

I have a call into penske to discuss the shock. Yes it's a drag shock, but it is still built to order for arm length, bike weight, rider weight. We're not talking about taking a shock set up for a 250 lb rider on a 12 inch stretch to put on my rig. Generally the piggy back res is to keep the oil cooler.
Not planning on GP racing the bird so considering the option to go without it.
How much is the drag shock compared to the TTX36 Ohlins ? The marginal weight loss gain over the TTX36 would be offset by the positive handling etc. that shock will give for your bird C10 . What sort of deal can @Gixxerhp , @pashnit or one of the others sponsors could get you a deal on a TTX , instead . I really admire your bird , and your realization of ultimate lightweight touring Busa .

How much is the drag shock compared to the TTX36 Ohlins ? The marginal weight loss gain over the TTX36 would be offset by the positive handling etc. that shock will give for your bird C10 . What sort of deal can @Gixxerhp , @pashnit or one of the others sponsors could get you a deal on a TTX , instead . I really admire your bird , and your realization of ultimate lightweight touring Busa .
Toadster;; so how come when I go to a site and punch in TTX36 and I punch in TTX36 it says "sorry does not fit Hayabusa"? I can't seem to find one that fits.

Toadster;; so how come when I go to a site and punch in TTX36 and I punch in TTX36 it says "sorry does not fit Hayabusa"? I can't seem to find one that fits.
Are you on a 2013+ Busa , and so punching in that or later year to search ? I ask this , because , when abs was introduced on the Busa , Ohlins may only recommend up to 2012 officially , the same as for the FGRT208 fork , because of no allocation for the abs sensor ? With the rear TTX , try a search using 2008 K8 up to 2012 L2 , see how that goes . I know , you could be forgiven for thinking only the top echelon Busa owners are allowed entry to Ohlins nirvana , Hahahaha , then Toad would have none at all !!:rolleyes::):thumbsup:

I know there is was some deals going on recently for Black Friday on the TTX shocks. They were being advertised for $1,150.00. Probably increased prices again, after cyber Monday and all that was over.

Invest in a aluminum subframe save 3kg , still even with all your touring rig and yourself onboard , lighter than Toad's butt on board L2 !!
I might invest in one of them drag shocks for next bike for actual street/drag fun , but not my hills ridden , baby L2 !!:thumbsup:

I thought on the
Invest in a aluminum subframe save 3kg , still even with all your touring rig and yourself onboard , lighter than Toad's butt on board L2 !!
I might invest in one of them drag shocks for next bike for actual street/drag fun , but not my hills ridden , baby L2 !!:thumbsup:
I thought about aluminum subframe from DME ( not stock unit ) but still concern of cracking or breaking with my tour rig . I was telling Jeffgordon via text tonight what it all weighs . ( 8 lb per side bag , 7 lb topcase case )

That's what I run , the DME is strong , I guess loaded up with the top bag so far back , the load stress would be on the big side , but how it will affect the strength compared to 125kg+ with ride gear on Toad , on board , I do not know . Just thought I'd mention , no visible cracks or twists so far on a long time fitted DME subframe .

So after playing phone tag with Penske for two days I was able to speak with Colin in tech support .
The shock can be used as a Touring shock , and is on other bikes . Schnitz just specifies it as a DRAG shock , and some valving is altered .
Spoke to him on my plans or goals , and would it work for me with following bike specs
Stock wheel base , 525 pounds to 575 bike depending on loaded or unloaded with touring articles , and a rider weight of 142 ( no passengers unless emergency reasons ) aggressive in mountains but generally mild 75% of a road trip . He said it would be just fine , but mentioned the compression adjustment screw location is not easy to access on my application .
I asked weight of the Remote body double clicker shock , and it is 7 lb to a little more depending on spring used .
Advantage to double clicker is easy adjustments , cooler oil if working shock ( track days and the like )
One can upgrade this shock to adjustable ride height .

https://www.penskeshocks.com/produc...ng-motorcycle/rear-shocks-touring-motorcycle/

https://www.penskeshocks.com/product/8975-in-line-double-adjustable/

Back