Lean Machine

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
2-Fast had their first track day of the season yesterday at the brand new track in Shelton, WA. (The Ridge) and what a marvelous experience it was. 2.4 miles with 15 turns and 80 ft of track elevation. My legs felt like rubber by 6:00 PM when the track closed.

Below you'll find photos I took yesterday during our race school for novice racers. It's called the lean machine and it works great as a training tool to orient riders in the art of proper body position as well as correct poor habits. I'm thinking each and every one of you would be tickled to have this handy little gadget in your garage.

You'll see the owner of 2-Fast (Mark DeGross) helping a student with body position. It's easy to see how well it works.

DSC05014.jpg

DSC05016.jpg

DSC05019.jpg

DSC05021.jpg

DSC05022.jpg

DSC05023.jpg

DSC05024.jpg

I didn't put a camera on the bike nor take photos other than the lean machine. We had 35 race students and that kept my a$$ pretty dang busy all day. Plus, this was the very first motorcycle event on this track so I spent most of my day becoming acquainted with the track. I'm sure there will be tons of photos popping up on line since we had a full house.

I did however, take one of the student's girlfriend for a two up ride after it warmed up in the afternoon and let me tell you boys, they just don't come much more visually appealing that her! I told her military boyfriend as we were mounting up, if we make a U-turn and head out the gate not to come looking cause he wouldn't find her! :whistle:

Typical track coach - ride all the pretty girls while their boyfriends are out crashing. "If you were mine little darling I wouldn't be at this track with you right now baby"

Good stuff!!

How do the students take to the lean machine? Is it a euraka moment and the really pick up on body position issues or do the tend to argue and defend what they're doin?

Awesome little machine. Lamb can see that knocking about 3 track days or more worth of trial and error out of finding what works and what doesn't. Great for increasing the learning curve substantially. 5 minutes on that thing with instruction=priceless!

Good stuff!!

How do the students take to the lean machine? Is it a euraka moment and the really pick up on body position issues or do the tend to argue and defend what they're doin?

Its and incredible teaching tool. It gives the student a feel for what it's like to be leaned over that far. You can move their arms into proper position, turn their head, push their bum over if needed. Basically you can physically put them in the proper position. I don't think I've ever had anyone want to argue, most are anxious to learn. They do tend to have lots of questions.

Good stuff!!

Its and incredible teaching tool. It gives the student a feel for what it's like to be leaned over that far. You can move their arms into proper position, turn their head, push their bum over if needed. Basically you can physically put them in the proper position. I don't think I've ever had anyone want to argue, most are anxious to learn. They do tend to have lots of questions.

Nice.they have a drag strip out there also right??

No drag strip yet. As I understand it, the drag strip will be built this summer. As of right now the parking lots are mostly gravel. I'm sure they too will be paved with the approach of summer weather.

There was another one of those machines that had wheels on it now THAT was cool:laugh:

Ship that think down to the Bash in 3 weeks and we will put it to good use!!! Very inventive!

Nifty machine. How do you compensate for centrifugal force? I sat on the Buell display but with my eight hanging just being pulled down by gravity it felt very alien compared to in a real corner with centrifugal force balancing that out some.

Back