Leaky fork when front strapped down

Nastypenguin

Registered
Hi all,

I strapped the busa and the gf's r6 down to my trailer and hauled them out to Lewiston, ID to ride the spiral highway (kicks @ss btw) and then met up with some friends in Boise for some more riding. The riding went great, but I noticed that the left fork had leaked everytime the busa had been strapped down. Has anybody experienced this before? I probably lost an 1/8 cup of oil overall and I'm worried that I somehow blew a seal in the fork...It didn't leak at all on the garage floor last night, but I don't know if that matters...I'm hoping the service manual will clue me in on how to refill the oil, but any tips would be great :-)

Thanks!
Wally

Sounds like a seal bro, There are alot of guys on here that can lead you in the right direction with this problem ,give them time to read this thread ..they will come
biggrin.gif

kinda sounds like you strapped it down to hard... i've never changed fork seals but i've heard that it isnt to bad of a job...

Yeah, I'm thinking I strapped it down too hard, also. Grrr...

Looking through the manual, about every third line starts with "Using specialty tool..."
rock.gif
Are those dealer only items or is there a good place to buy them from? Google let me down...

There have been several threads about fork seals & how to make your own 'specialty tool'. Try the search & let me know if you don't find what you need.
biggrin.gif

my right fork seal just went out last weekend.... the local busa shop i go to told me a good piece of dirt or debris could have gotten up there, and well, you know.... they said the seal is only about $10-15. and depending on whether or not ur a do it yourselfer or not labor would put it up close to $90...???

Back