Leaking Busa

kevinb

Registered
Hello. I'm new to the forum and have a problem. I came back from the British superbikes at Thruxton Sunday (stopped at the pub) and noticed a puddle of bright green fluid on my front wheel rim. At first I thought I had blown a brake seal, but the fluid level was ok. Next thought was a fork seal. I rang a local dealer who told me it was a hole in the radiator pumping fluid out under pressure, but I can't see a hole.

Any idea's please?

Cheers Kev

WELCOME to the .Org

Scary !! Somebody will be up in a little bit, that's a little brighter than me.

green fluid would sound like coolant , have you checked the level , make sure its topped up and all air expelled & run it up , some times a small leak will only show up in certain situations .
ie certain engine temps or when its stopped & is cooling down , good luck

heard the racing was good , some mates went couldnt make it my self oh & :welcome:

Kev, sounds as if she's leaking coolant as said above! If its a small leak maybe heard to locate but not impossible and from the sounds of things its only leaking once the bike reaches operating temp...

I rang a local dealer who told me it was a hole in the radiator pumping fluid out under pressure, but I can't see a hole.

Any idea's please?

Cheers Kev

...or a dog with a UTI :laugh:

If it's on your rim it is likely a leak up high in the radiator which would point to the cap or upper hose area. Check the clamp at the top and the cap. Wipe it all dry, start it up and let it get to full operation temp. Or, take it to a radiator shop and have them pressure test it. I haven't heard of many busa radiators springing leaks? If you see the fluid coming out of the bottom edge of the radiator and see no leaks at the hoses or cap then you likely have a pin hole in the core. Good thing is they are cheap and readily available. You could even swap out to a gen 2 and end up with 2 fans and NEVER overheat. Good luck--JT

Back