Lawnmower help

spray some starting fluid into it and see if it starts. Sounds like you have a problem with fuel getting to the motor...
would be my next step after checking for spark... old mower, probably lousy primer or none at all... fact that it tries to run a bit sounds a lot like the fuel system is probably plugged up and is going to need some TLC to run.. (IE everything cleaned out with carb cleaner)

That has a safety brake from the looks of the picture....
Check and make sure it isn't being applied; this could be the source of your problem.

sometimes. Runs about 1 second.
If it fires and runs for a second, it sounds like a fuel problem. Make sure the fuel filter in the gas tank is clean, and check that the fuel is getting to the carb. If the thing ran out of oil, the rest of the service record might be ?

spray some starting fluid into it and see if it starts. Sounds like you have a problem with fuel getting to the motor...
would be my next step after checking for spark... old mower, probably lousy primer or none at all... fact that it tries to run a bit sounds a lot like the fuel system is probably plugged up and is going to need some TLC to run.. (IE everything cleaned out with carb cleaner)
Thanks guys, I'm gonna try that in a sec.

Depending on how long it sat with old fuel in it after he thought it was seized could be one of the sources for your problem! Carbs might be where you end up... As suggested above start with the basics
Fuel
Air
Compression
Check the plugs, fuel lines/filters/throttle cable/linkage, air cleaner/choke, mower blade and drive shaft/keyway. Does this mower have a brake clutch?
The clutch brake prevents the push mower from starting. Sometimes a bar is on the handle that must be pushed down in order for your mower to stay running!
Then hit the list I gave you...
IF starting fluid makes it run, then it dies start with the float/bowel.
Keep us posted

Depending on how long it sat with old fuel in it after he thought it was seized could be one of the sources for your problem! Carbs might be where you end up... As suggested above start with the basics
Fuel
Air
Compression
Check the plugs, fuel lines/filters/throttle cable/linkage, air cleaner/choke, mower blade and drive shaft/keyway. Does this mower have a brake clutch?
The clutch brake prevents the push mower from starting. Sometimes a bar is on the handle that must be pushed down in order for your mower to stay running!
Then hit the list I gave you...
IF starting fluid makes it run, then it dies start with the float/bowel.
Keep us posted
GOTCHA! Okay, has the handle on the bar. Gonna run down the list. Thanks.

Back