Launching the Gen II?

Heartbreaker

Registered
How are you experienced guys launching the Gen II, I went to test and tune the other day I am by no means a jockey 250 suited bike is stock with exception of triple clamp and 3 hole links.
My 60' times suck, I started at 5k but could'nt get my foot up for the shift and when I did the bike would be pulling so hard that I could'nt get to full throttle until it was too late. I then tried leaving at 3k but the bike would pull the front tire and kill the run. Long story short best run 10.40 at 139mph with a 1.80 60'. Help I have to get these times down........
wtf.gif

Always start with your left foot on the peg, that way you´re ready to shift gears.
Relax and feed the clutch in progressively, you need to slip it more than you think at first
winkold.gif

I never start with my left foot on the peg, I ran my 08 once lowered and strapped other wise stock I'm 230 suited and went 1.610 60 ft and 9.89. I left at 4500. that was in a 20 mph head wind so with a few more runs and no wind I feel I could have went mid to high 9.60's

START OUT WITH YOUR LEFT FOOT UNDER THE SHIFTER AND YOU JUST MAY RUN 9.50.UNLESS YOU GOT AN AIR SHIFTER ALREADY.

Clutch mod will not help you with that IMO. It just takes the chatter away if your launching with chatter. These bikes can 60 ft in the 1.50s without ever having the clutch cover off.

Back