Latest additions to my K8

Jasper

Registered
Picture shows the additions made so far. Suzuki double bubble screen. Bagster tank cover. ASV standard levers. Luimoto seat cover. Would love to add slip ons but undecided about which make to go for. Do not want more power just improve the look of the bike. Any advice will be gratefully received.

DSC00960.JPG

DSC00957.JPG

DSC00958.JPG

I like the stock cans but shortened or the yosh r77's. Silver or black wheels would clean up the look a little better in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

whats up with the blue saturation. in the photo.. Almost looks over developed if it were on real film.

whats up with the blue saturation. in the photo.. Almost looks over developed if it were on real film.

The photos were taken on my cell phone, that may have something to do with it. First ride out in 2 months the weather in the UK has been pretty sh......ty for the last 3 months. I think i suffer from that disorder in winter, the one where you need sun to smile on you once in a while. Felt good to be on the bike again that is for sure. Still undecided about the slip ons. I don't dislike the stock cans enough at the moment to justify the extra expense.

I like the stock cans but shortened or the yosh r77's. Silver or black wheels would clean up the look a little better in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

I quite like the gold colour wheels myself, but i know what you mean.

Looking good Jasper, How was the DB as I am thinking of putting one on mine.

I only fitted a month ago and due to the weather have only been out a couple of times. So far so good but need a longer ride to offer a more informed opinion.

Got some pretty new yosh carbon fiber skip ons I was considering selling. About 2k miles and sound/look great. I have 3 little kids and every am at 6:30 when I leave for work they awake and say where's daddy going? Not loud..but loud enough.... PM if interested.

Either way, these sound great and install is about 10 minutes.

Lookin Good! I also have a blue K8 with Bagster, FP tactical levers, Zumo 550, and just ordred a Roadlok. I like the look of new exhausts, and the sound is cool at first. I have never been without a bike since 1972 and after riding with aftermarket exhausts with the extra noise for a while I hated them. Stock cans may be heavy, but they don't make you deaf. K8 is crazy fast anyway. If you are tracking the bike that is different.
My 2 cents

Bike looks good. Not a big fan of the gold look either for wheels...You might want to consider getting rid of the 48 lbs of space ship thruster rocket boosters...but since you are in England don't know how they are about more of a race pipe...as you know they don't have the catalytic module...look at Brock's performance.com...I have the CT full titanium pipe single sided...many of the guys run Aliens and the like...You will be surprised at the power increase of up to 10-15 hp and the loss of over 40 lbs...usa price around 1200-1500 depending on what system...Yosh pipes, Akraprovic, Tsugugi (spelling?)...all great pipes...usually need to get a power commander due to changes in fuel maps...etc..good luck 2hip

May I offer for your consideration Yosh TRC CF slip-ons.....throaty rumble at idle, distinctive snarl at speed. Plus it goes well with the blue/black IMO. BTW, the seats on your bike are KILLER!

right yosh.jpg

Last edited:
The bike is lookin good so far. I would go with the Yosh TRC slip-ons in carbon fiber. They look really good, sound great, and do give a little boost in the power department.

Lookin Good! I also have a blue K8 with Bagster, FP tactical levers, Zumo 550, and just ordred a Roadlok. I like the look of new exhausts, and the sound is cool at first. I have never been without a bike since 1972 and after riding with aftermarket exhausts with the extra noise for a while I hated them. Stock cans may be heavy, but they don't make you deaf. K8 is crazy fast anyway. If you are tracking the bike that is different.
My 2 cents

I agree. Intend doing alot of touring this year with trip to Belgium, Germany and France lined up in June. The after market cans would be for purely cosmetic purposes.

Back