Last time Im asking this...

Deno_n_Philly

Registered
I know there is a tire section... but there are a million ideas on there.. I just read the Dunlop Roadsmart review... and it seems like an amazing tire. If you could spend anything under $250 and do more st8 riding, Never track, little rain, little twisties, what would you pick. I have spent over 800 this week on mods, and I got 4500 miles on stock tires. I have 1/2 of a season left with those. So guys, under $250, where ya going?

Read this: Dunlop Roadsmart Tires Review - Motorcycle USA

You always read about one guy saying the review was not from a real magazine or anything.. another one.

Dunlop Roadsmart Tire Review

so i am looking for is 4500 miles, ok with that.. and to stay on 2 wheels.. thanks guys...:thumbsup:

same answer I gave you in your other thread: Pirelli Angels, Michelin Pilot Road 2 or Avon Storms.

I had been using Dunlop Q's since I first started putting tires on my 06..they are great gripy tires, but I burned through them about every 2.5-3k miles. I put on a roadsmart this last time for the logevity and still maintaining some grip. I havent pushed it as hard as I did the Q's yet, so I cant give any real world reviews..but what riding I have done on it so far, I have no bad feelings with the Roadsmart. I still have the Q on the front..they last longer there:whistle:

i would go with the Pirelli Angels...my stock rear lasted less than 3000 and i get over 6000 on an Angel...plus, they have a lot more grip :beerchug:

I have been using Michelin PR2's for years and gotten +/- 10K miles on them. I will be going with the new PR3 when it is time to renew the tires. I could not be happier with them. I live near the mountains and they perform great in the twisties. They maintain their tread for a long time while I am on my 120 mile round trip commute up the interstate as well.

Check them out, you will not be disappointed.

I switched from the Metzler Roadtec to the Dunlop roadsmarts because money was tight and the dunlops were on sale and about 150 cheaper for the set. I was getting 10,000 out of the metzler rear and 13,000 out of the front. These dunlops have around 7,000 one them. I do not think they will make it to 10,000 but I ran into the tire loosing air so since it will wear alot quicker when flat I have lost a little on them. The loss of air had nothing to do with the tire, the chrome on the inside lip of my wheel is chipping and it did not make a good seal. I am please with these tires and I will probably stick with them even if I have the money for the metzler's. Good ride and they will hang any curve I am able to take I have no chicken strips and tires have never slipped. They are a little louder than the metzler but it is really only noticeable when slowing to a stop, about 30 - 40 mph and below. All in all I would recommend these tires to anyone who is not a major twisties guy.

All the reviews speak highly of the Roadsmart. Exceptional in the rain.

I personally have not been on the Roadsmart. I do have friends who use them and they all speak highly of thier performance as well as longivity. I have one close friend who held all three of our local track records at one time who runs a Q2 front and Roadsmart rear on his busa and speaks highly of the tire as well.

I'd have no problem with Roadsmart whatsoever!

pirelli for me. love the grip in wet/ dry I got 7500miles out of my pirelli demon sports. I run diablo rossos now

pirelli for sure. I have had 2 sets of strada's. fantastic tire. Are angels the replacement for the strada??? Either way. I think the best choice:beerchug:

Since it's your last time asking :whistle:

11-03-01_avon_rebate_03.gif

I have been using Michelin PR2's for years and gotten +/- 10K miles on them. I will be going with the new PR3 when it is time to renew the tires. I could not be happier with them. I live near the mountains and they perform great in the twisties. They maintain their tread for a long time while I am on my 120 mile round trip commute up the interstate as well.

Check them out, you will not be disappointed.

This. :thumbsup:

Q2's due to price and power of the busa! A stickier tire with all that power is far safer then a harder compound tire that will not hold it!

Back