Last Nights Ride Home

inthexring

Registered
Man you really got to watch it out there.
So last night Tim and I are coming back from Tim’s place back to my place. A very short distance. Maybe it is about three miles. We are coming South on Locust Grove and we turn right (West) on Fairview. Just going along nice and easy and then a young 17 girl after her workout at Idaho Fitness Club just pulls out and wants to make a left. Well she doesn’t go very far. She pulls out into the first lane and totally blocks it with her car. She wants to go left and for the life of me I have no idea why she didn’t continue on her way. I see this and swerve to the next lane, but then she moves to that lane and stops too. She must really want to take me down! So at this point I am breaking and breaking and I swear the bike is gonna to stop. Then about one or two feet before the car my brain must have said, stop this bike and don’t hit the car.

So my front started working extremely well at that point and my new front tire, said yeah I can do this. I got all the traction you need. So much so that at that point it stopped, did the stoppie like on stunt videos and bucked me off. I flew right over those low handle bars and hit the car…I stopped my fall with my chest and arms. The bike did not hit the car. So apparently I sacrificed my bike for this young chic in her beat up white what ever the hell she was attempting to drive. She sat there and watched me fly right into her window. Face to face basically.

So I am fine, I landed on my feet and stood there at the car like WTF!! Of course the bike has no rider now and falls lifeless behind me. All the while Tim is riding just behind me and to the right. Luckily for him he is witness this non stop action movie in front of him and is able to move off the right enough to get around the back of her. If she didn’t move forward it could have been him instead of me.

So now I have a beat up piece of plastic. The officers were nice enough to write the police report and site her for failing to yield leaving a parking lot or something of that nature. We both have the same insurance so it shouldn’t be too much hassle. She is in the wrong and I just couldn’t stop fast enough. Well that is what I did last night!

So I guess a Turbo is in order don’t you think??

Sorry to hear about that. Glad you came out unhurt.

+1 on the TURBO
smile.gif

I had the same thing happen to me, almost identical including coming out of a fitness club. Mine was about a month ago though.

I however stopped about 3 inches short of her door... and then proceeded to roll forward slowly enough to not harm me or my bike but put a nice dent in her door just for the trouble.

I offered to call the police to document the door ding, she declined. Oh well;)

Sorry about your bike man, that sucks big time. It sounds like you are ok? that's what really counts.

That is the time I wish I were in my 5000lb Tahoe, can we say T-bone!!!
When dumb drivers do that in front of my truck I push them half way up the block!
guns.gif

You should have done a Terminator and put your fist thru the windshield. Then pulled her kicking and screaming back through it.
mad.gif

Idiot drivers...
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
pissed.gif

Could have been ALOT worse. Glad yer OK.

Same thing happened to me when I was 21.

Except.

1) a bus pulled in the middle of the street and stopped

2) I didnt miss.

glad your ok

A 28 yr old killed on a busa, dew to a 17 yr old girl pulling out in front of him.He was not speeding,just got the bike & his permit.Only 5 miles from my home.
sad.gif

Glad it was a (fairly) good ending.

I may have tried to punch her through the windsheild too.. cagers just don't THINK.
guns.gif

glad you're able to post up about this but hate to hear about your bike...sounds like an excellent time to upgrade
beerchug.gif

Glad you're OK. Having the same insurance company is not in your favor here. They will try to minimize their cost since they are paying both sides and cannot recoup anything from another company.

(BusaWhipped @ Apr. 04 2007,10:04) Glad you're OK.  Having the same insurance company is not in your favor here.  They will try to minimize their cost since they are paying both sides and cannot recoup anything from another company.
+1 and really glad you came out OK.

Glad you are OK. But don't put too much faith in both having the same insurance co. Almost two years now I had a wreck. Totaled my bike and her car, road rash up the wazoo. Still in Court on this one. And she was given a ticket for running a stop sign!

Try living where i live, South Florida, miami-dade county. The people on the road here cant even read the road signs! and not to sound like im profiling but how the hell did these little old cuban ladies get a license!? My favorite is still the, "hey im in the right lane of a 3 lane road, but thats my turn right there <----," so as i slam the brakes of the busa she cuts srt8 across 2 other lanes and never once realizing i was there.

Could have been worse - I have had that happen twice 1987 & 2003

Glad you are OK

Sorry to hear of the damage to you busa, but glad you are OK. You really do need to ride like every cage is trying to take you out!

Back