Last night my girlfriend and i

Shanling

Man ***** Extreme
Donating Member
Registered
Here in Indy, we have this show that comes on Sunday evenings called Steel Horses. Pretty much a biker show that was created by a guy (Steve, Also is the show's host) that I used to ride with on occasion. The show has been around for about 6 years now and pretty much cators to the Harley crowd. I also have a Harley. Well, on the side, Steve does a couple of "Bike Nights" per week at a couple of bars here in town. There is one on the Northside of town (where the yuppies live) on Thursday nites and one on the Westside (where I live) on Wednesday nights.

Me and my GF decided we would go to the Northside to this "Bike Night" for dinner. I decided that we would take the Busa. So we pull into this stripmall where the bar is located and they have an area roped off for the bikes. Now I go to find a place to park and guess what? I am on the only non-Harley bike at this event! We park and dismount to the stares of everyone there. Thank God I am wearing a helmet cause I am smiling from ear to ear. So we peel of our mesh jackets and lay them across the bike along with our full face helmets and start to walk in the place.

Now to get in, we have to walk through a crowd with a couple of guys the size of BigDiesel and wearing the colors of one of Indy's local biker gangs. I still have that darned ####-eating grin on my face and they part to let us in. Then one of them big dudes steps in front of me and I am thinking...OH CRAP!! He looks down at me (I am 5-10) and says "Is that a Hayabusa?" in a real excited tone of voice much to my relief and my underwears relief as well. I take a deep breath realizing that I can breath again and calmly answer in the affirmative. Then it is question after question. How fast is it? Will it really do over 200mph? Have you been 200mph? How fast have you been? What is it like going fast? Will it pop a wheelie? Can it beat the new Vette?

After answering the questions, we finally get in and find my friend Steve. We sit with him and one of the girls from the TV Station and shoot the crap and eat dinner. Of course, I did sit where I could see the bike through the window and there was hardly a moment that someone wasn't by it looking it over. The only thing that got more attention was this girl from the TV station! Man, she was totally HOT!! When she mentioned never having been on a crotch rocket, I wisely bit my tongue. I had been out of town all week and wanted a nice evening with my GF...

So, we decided that we are going to do the Wednesday nite one next week. Steve said that it is four times bigger than last nights was. There were only 100 or so bikes there last night.

Great story - and good judgement!
wink.gif

Taking the Harley next week then? LOL

Good story; it's a great feeling and I too have had that grin that won't go away...people are probably looking at us wondering just what in the world is wrong with someone that just smiles to themselves for no apparent reason
laugh.gif

I've found that most of the time I'm surrounded by Harleys (hubby's got one, Dad's got one, most everybody I know has one!), but I have also found that many of the H-D riders are curious and willing to ask questions about the Busa...
cool.gif

Glad you had fun!
wink.gif

Great story, there is one thing missing....

Hmmm.... What is it
rock.gif

PICs!!!!!!
laugh.gif

cool.gif
 Know what it feels like to be the only non-Harley/cruiser rider.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156515754 -->

Baby_J__24_Aug_06____1.jpg

Great story, there is one thing missing....

Hmmm.... What is it
rock.gif

PICs!!!!!!
laugh.gif
I know, I know!!

We didn't take a camera and my Nikon is the pro model and way to big to carry on the bike. I am going to have to buy another camera for the bike!

Aham - We were at Kelly's at 116th and Allisonville. Here is the website for you.

http://www.steel-horse.com/Events/events.cfm
Do the hump storage mod and you can store/lock the camera inside the hump w/ easy access .

I know, I know!!

We didn't take a camera and my Nikon is the pro model and way to big to carry on the bike.
Hello? Tank bag?

I've carried a full-size SLR with accessories before.
I have a smaller tank bag. One of those magnetic ones and my camera is too big for it. And as heavy as my camera is, I would not be comfortable riding with it in there if it did fit. This is my excuse to buy a smaller camera anyway. I want to get one that you can slip into your shirt pocket.

Back