last bike before the busa

FOOLING AROUND AND BUILT A 84 INTRUDER CHOPPER,COOL BIKE BUT FIRST TIME I RODE I GOT PASSED BY SOMEBODY AND THAT WAS IT.

96 GSXR 1100
jump9.gif

2002 BMW K1200RS.

Great bike, still miss the gear indicator, did just over 12,000mi on it in one year. Met a guy (Michael Glass) on a BMW site who took his girlfriend across the country and back in under 100hrs -- on a 'Busa (yes, really, it's called the "100ccc Insanity").

Checked into the 'Busa's story and was intrigued.

Went and sat on one and found that it was more comfortable than the Beemer, HAD to be more reliable, life with a modern chain drive isn't that bad, and she weighed over 130lbs less than the beemer and could carry about as much weight.

It didn't matter that they didn't let me test drive it -- the result was the same
laugh.gif

my last bike was what I think...an' still believe to this day,to be the best sport bike ever built . 2000 GSXR 750 .
It was lighter than 3 of the "Big 4's"....for that yr..
It had horsepower just a pinch shy of the "Litre Bikes"...
Even today...even with Yammies new way of pouring metal,even with this an that...its still one %*%^$# of a bike .
Its still just as light as them others...
Some say the thing was too perfect...it killed the 750 class(whatever that means)

SuzukiGSX_R750.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Embarressing, but a Vintage Custom 70' Harley Shovelhead Showbike, but bfore that was a 84' Honda Sabre 1100, 88' CBR 1000, 94' Katana 600, and lots of others! I have ridden friends newer R1 and GSXR1000's and so on also....

Me? I was Honda all the way, 'til now.

1982 CB900F -> 1984 VF1000 -> 1991 ST1100 -> 2003 Busa

Still like the ST line, but as a friend of mine pointed out; "Get the sport bike while you can ride it and the get another touring bike when you cannot ride the sport. If ya don't you'll hate yourself later." So, here I am w/ my new 03 Orange SE
jump9.gif

2000 Katana 750 for all of about 1 month after getting my ass spanked on the freeway...

Did some research found out what was the baddest bike on the planet was and bought it. hehe I haven't lost since!

95' Honda 600 F3 had it for two years and had to wait for two more after I sold it to get my Busa... Power sure is fun!!
biggrin.gif

Back