Laser+radar, who made enclosed cases and how?

jay21112

Registered
OK I remember Vic, ohzone and I think KS have radar detectors and laser jammers on their bikes.

I think KS and ohzone made enclosed plasic "boxes" for their setups to protect them from the elements and theft. Other may have done the same...

My bike is currently at the shop getting the blinder and 8500 installed on the bike and the guys are iffy about building a case around them (I want both of them hardwired and enclosed...don't know if that has been done or not).

So if anyone can help, I need:
-Pics of your finished products
-What it is made of
-How it was made

Any help appreciated. I did a search of my old laser jammer posts and didn't find much on pics and descriptions of the box itself, so any info welcome.

I think this is what your looking for.
radar-box-large.gif

You can find out more here.

Sorry no box or enclosure here.... Always felt like if the weather was so bad I needed to protect my stuff I wouldn't need the detector anyway! Now my brother is using the box shown above. From what I've seen a really nice product just makes the detector hard to get to... I always remove the 8500 everytime I leave my bike for any length of time. lasar alway stays!

Sorry no box or enclosure here.... Always felt like if the weather was so bad I needed to protect my stuff I wouldn't need the detector anyway! Now my brother is using the box shown above. From what I've seen a really nice product just makes the detector hard to get to... I always remove the 8500 everytime I leave my bike for any length of time. lasar alway stays!
Damn. I really thought you did make a box.
Maybe it was just ohzone then....

Yeah, I'm not talking about the above box, I need a little more custom fabrication.

I'm mounting the jammer under the windscreen on top of the dash. I'm then mounting the passport right on top of the jammer. I want to make an enclosure to go over both the jammer and passport because I'm hardwiring the passport to the bike and don't want to have to remove it. So I need the box to both protect it from the elements and protect it from theft if I park it somewhere for a little bit.

I thought I saw pics of a similar setup somewhere on this board....

Back