laser jammer??

So Tim.....how is the Cheeta better than the Laser Interceptor???

Hi Barry, I'm not sure if I have a quantitative answer for that one just yet. The M-27 Rider is so new & hasn't even arrived in the US yet. I have chatted with the folks behind the creation of these Laser Jammers, very sharp folks at the top of their game. The Blinder name has always been at the top of the heap in the various comparisons through the years & is very well-respected. The Cheetah name has always offered up excellent customer support too so that's a huge plus for us being the dealer and representing these guys.

As mentioned earlier, technology-based items like jammers, radar, even comm systems change quickly so it's hard to look at data from 1-2 yrs ago. Everything you're looking at is obsolete and the manufactures are in constant competition with one another. All in all, that just benefits us as these devices continually improve! :thumbsup:

so what are the chances of this system (m27) becoming obsolete in a year???

Tony, good question. If you read up on the new M-27 Rider here:
Buy Now: Cheetah M-27 Rider Laser Jammer for Motorcycles Bikes | Pashnit Moto

& look at what's new about the M-27 Rider vs the old M-25 Rider, your question is exactly what they addressed. This new M-27 Rider is upgradeable via the internet. To keep it simple - the Lidar Gun when it's aimed at you like in the photo of our local CHP fella on Page 2 sends out a pulse of light at a certain rate. That pulse bounces back to the Lidar gun off your headlight on your bike, and the gun produces your speed. There are numerous brands and types of LIDAR Guns that your local LEO's are using. Varies by state, town, etc. Each LIDAR gun may use a different pulse rate of that beam of light. And as laser gun technology progresses, the LIDAR guns also get better and better.

Cheetah's new M-27 Rider contains software that also sends out a pulse rate that counters that of the LIDAR gun, in a sense negating the ability of the gun to get that reading, or confusing it. As new LIDAR guns come out with different pulse rates, you simply upgrade your Laser Jammer to the latest software to match those new models your local police are using.

That's a rather simple way to answer that, but you get the idea. More techy-items are going this direction of being upgradeable.

The GoPro Hero Video camera for example came out with their upgrade a few days ago, and are already working on a 8gb upgrade and a HD model. Another similar item is the Speed Camera Detectors which are also upgradable. Working on the all new Cheetah C50 right now which should be available to buy in the US next week!

- the Lidar Gun when it's aimed at you like in the photo of our local CHP fella on Page 2 sends out a pulse of light at a certain rate.
What are your thoughts on running this equipment in the State of California? I know the way the law reads so there is no point in reiterating that, but with all that you know in that State, what are your hearing as to the pros and cons?

From the sounds of it, the Laser Intercepter and the Blinder M27 Rider are both user upgradeable, but the Blinder has the advantages of being weather resistant, and a lower cost. Any advantages the Laser Intercepter has for gun brands is no longer an advantage.

What are your thoughts on running this equipment in the State of California? I know the way the law reads so there is no point in reiterating that, but with all that you know in that State, what are your hearing as to the pros and cons?

Since he won't even remotely answer me -

What are ANYONE'S thoughts on effectively using laser jammers in the State of California?

Enlighten us all....what is the rules in California? Ohio and most all states no issue.

Enlighten us all....what is the rules in California? Ohio and most all states no issue.

It reads like this..

Source: California Vehicle Code, Section 28150
(Also available from Official California Legislative Information)

Jamming: Electronic Speed-Measuring Devices

28150. (a) No vehicle shall be equipped with any device that is designed for, or is capable of, jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.

(b) No person shall use, buy, possess, manufacture, sell, or otherwise distribute any device that is designed for jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.

(c) Except as provided in subdivision (d), a violation of subdivision (a) or (b) is an infraction.

(d) When a person possesses four or more devices in violation of subdivision (b), the person is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(e) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person who has a valid federal license for operating the devices described in this section may transport one or more of those devices if the license is carried in the vehicle transporting the device at all times when the device is being transported.

Thank you, Jphilipson.

And not trying to answer my own question, but I think it would be like anything, that if you abused something, it could bite you in the ass. I don't know about other States that do not allow this type of equipment to be used, I was just wondering about California because I do occasionally run through it and wanted to know how it was perceived if dealt with.

Maybe a LEO's perspective on this might help.

Back