Laser Jammer photos

Ks-waterbug, you wanted a pic of a rear element mounted on a Busa
This one's from the side

post-6-49681-picture_045a.jpg

I am mounting the 2 elements of the ZR3 on the front
this top one has been cut into the screen, the screen is boxed in at the rear
I get no extra noise and there is no noticable effect on the aero's

Picture_043a.jpg

here is the pic with the cradle that holds the ZR3 element and the passport 8500 X50 detector
I am in the process of changing mount for the lower ZR3 element and will post that when it's done

Picture_033a.jpg

Just a bit of info on the Laser.  They all shoot out many beams per second.  The purpose of the laser is to pick out a single vehicle out of a line of cars because the beam is so much tighter compared to a radar beam. Radar picks up the strongest signal (largest).  Pretty much if you have a Laser Detector, by the time the beam is on the detector to detect it, it is on your vehicle, and the officer already has your speed.  There are no warnings ahead of time as there may be with radar.  When police take laser training, they are taught to aim the beam at the front license plate for the best return. Bikes of course have no front plate. The laser works best when it has a flat reflective surface to aim at.  Motorcycles in general are hard to aim at, because they are a much smaller target with a laser, unless it is very close. PLUS, the aerodynamics of the Hayabusa, I believe, would make it very difficult to get a return signal. Also, Black- harder to get a signal, it absorbs more light. White- reflects more light- better signal.
My expirience with RADAR jammers (not detectors) is that they really dont work.  Maybe, i mean maybe, they would have a minimal effect at a long distance.  I have no expirience with Laser jammers, but imho, i dont think they would work, probably less than a radar jammer.

Just my opinion, based on being a copper.  Dont hold it against me though, im all for beating the man!
wink.gif

I am no scientist, so maybe some jammers do work. Let me know what you find out if you test them.  Try it first with the jammer off, just to see if the laser has any problems tracking the busa.  

Remember, its not illegal if you dont get caught.:D

And watch out for "vascar" method of speed detection, and those pesky state patrol airplanes.

Hope this helped!

I would have to agree with you Kipp438 the Hayabusa could be harder to get a good return signal from but I can attest to the fact it is not impossible
(cost me a $100 and 2 points to prove it
sad.gif
 )
and as I understand it the gun does send out a number of pulses in rapid succession it needs to calculate your speed on a number of those pulses before it can say what your speed is, the theory is that soon as the first pulse hits, the jammer floods laser light back at the same frequency and overwhelms the gun, remember the gun is relying on weaker reflected light!
does it work
rock.gif

I BLOODY HOPE SO
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|ohzone
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1098849826 -->

To answer a few of your questions! You can reach Radar Roy on his website "Radarbusters.com" He has a phone number as well and I have chatted with him on more than one occasion. He is a friendly guy and will answer any questions you may have. However there is another guy who sells the same stuff in New Jersey I believe who seem to have a little better price but I can't remember the site. If you type in "Motorcycle Radar Detector" askjeeves will give you his site as well. I don't remember exactly what I paid through Radar Roy but it was a little over $300

I did not mount the rear reciever on my busa. It's not often they get you from the rear and I don't know for sure how well it works?

I have the receiver attached with Industrial Strength Velcro and it seems to work just fine. I have not been 180 mph with it but it holds on just fine through wheelies and chuck holes. If it comes off it will just dangle on the cord. May mark up your fender a little. Before I figured out I had to move it way forward to keep it from hitting the fender when the forks bottom out, I hit the unit with the fender a few times and marked the paint a little. I hope I can buff it out but not sure? No damage, just scuffed the paint a tad.

The unit is designed to jam the radar gun and make it read "0" no matter what your speed is? The way it works is, when you get hit with a laser beam, the little light on the handle bar turns from green to red and the buzzer screams at you. At this point, grab the brakes and reduce to legal speed and flip the on off switch to off and let the "Man" clock your speed on his second or third try. It's not odd for them to take two or three tries to hit your headlight and hopefully he will not suspect you have a jammer?

Atlanta Radar has a unit that they clam is resistant to jamming. They do not say it is immune to jamming, just resistant. It's called the Stealth Mode that shoots only a three inch beam at 100 feet. So I'm thinking the Stealth Mode just narrows the beam so it's less apt to hit the jammer reciever located just below the head light. The beam only lasts 0.3 seconds so it's a little like a bullet. Hits you and gone before you can respond. I don't think many cops have this unit? Something new on the market. So you make the call. Go onto Atlanta Radar's website and read up on it for yourself.

If anyone has any more questions I may be able to answer, I'll do my best!
Use something a little sronger. Velcro wil pull away if it gets hot enough. Location may be ok since the sun will not hit it direct, but it is a warm spot. Install looks very nice....

color doesnt matter on how it gets its signal, mythbusters proved that on one of there shows painted a car flat black n picked up just the same. In a magazine i read they did a test on a bike they made to be inconspicious to radar and laser type of speed detection. Worked like a charm even have a pic of the guy flyin past on the bike with a laser pointed right at him and showing all zero's on the gun.

I heard SONAR AKA Fish Finders Work good as far as disrupting RADAR... Put on in and turn it on and ride... Heard a story about a city where the military was doing fly bys and radar was interupting their avionics, so they asked the city not to at that time BUT the city decided not to and insisted on doing it anyhow so the military turned on SONAR and whipped out RADAR all over the city. Dunno how true this story is, BUT hey if it is and works why not try it and see if you have a fish finder, turn it on and ride and see.

I recently put a Stem Mount on my Busa so I could mount my BEL RX65. I started thinking about what I could rig to hear this thing. I didn't want to install a buzzer that was so loud it would attract attention, and I didn't like the LED in the Helmet because I might not see it all the time.
I figured someone had a Bluetooth solution. I figured Bluetooth would be a perfect wireless solution. I also have the HJC TandemPro Rider-Passenger communicator and thought I could get a wireless solution to jack into that so that I could use my Helmet mounted Headphones.
Well to make a long story short, I never found such a device.
I did go to Radio Shack and pick up the Jabra BT250 Bluetooth earphone for cellphones. Not only did I get a handsfree system for my phone for everyday use, I also got a Radar Detector earpiece with the addition of a 3.5mm to 2.5 mm converter plug. Now I just hook that earpiece on my ear, turn it on, put my helmet on, plug the wireless transmitter into my Radar Detector and I can hear it when it talks to me.
This my be an alternative for some.
cool.gif

On the subject of Jamming. I can say that Dark colors don't reflect light as much as lighter colors and hence are harder to get a good reading with laser at far distances. I do know that police aim at the headlight area as it is highly reflective.
I also know of a product called "Veil" that when painted on your headlight and tail-light, make it harder to get a reading from distances over 300ft.
I went down a well known street to test it where the police frequently shoot laser and I saw him shoot me look at the gun, looked perplexed, and shot me again. By the second time I was right on him and then passed him so I didn't see his facial expression. I was going the speed limit so I wasn't worried. But the stuff seems to work and also has alot of testimonials.

race.gif

Back