Laser Jammer photos

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Some of you ask me recently to post photos of my busa mounted laser jammer from Radar Roy. Well, here they are. You'll notice the reciever is mounted as far forward as possible. This is to keep the fender from hitting it when the forks bottom out. It's a pretty clean setup other than having a ton of cable to hide from the reciever to the computer box. I did not take photos of the computer box which is quite small. It is mounted under the left hand cowling with velcro on top of the air intake tube. That was the best place I could find to keep it dry. It's doesn't like water so a dry place to mount is mandatory. If anyone else has one of these mounted to their scooter, I'd be happy to see photos as well. If anyone has any experience with a laser jammer, I'd really like to have info on wheather or not they really work?

looks good clean install only 1 way to find out if it works blaze by da man see what happens
laugh.gif

JK but please update us on reliability

TufB, if you don't mind me asking how much did this setup run 'ya?

will the jammer hold on at say bout 180?

Will it jam( keep the cops from know how fast your going) the signal or just detect it

Thanks for posting some pictures.. What does the rear transducer look like? As many of you on the board already know, I also run a lasar jammer on my busa! I'm sure if you do a search you can find the results of several test we did with it. I believe we tried several different guns and angles of approach...
These things do work rather well. Be carefull some states prohibit there use! Which seems odd since were talking about light emissions. Anyway, only one gun I know of that is suppose to be impervious to jammers. The Atlanta gun..

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Did you guys read the characteristics of that Atlanta gun?
rock.gif
It makes CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) look like shiiite...
laugh.gif

To answer a few of your questions! You can reach Radar Roy on his website "Radarbusters.com" He has a phone number as well and I have chatted with him on more than one occasion. He is a friendly guy and will answer any questions you may have. However there is another guy who sells the same stuff in New Jersey I believe who seem to have a little better price but I can't remember the site. If you type in "Motorcycle Radar Detector" askjeeves will give you his site as well. I don't remember exactly what I paid through Radar Roy but it was a little over $300

I did not mount the rear reciever on my busa. It's not often they get you from the rear and I don't know for sure how well it works?

I have the receiver attached with Industrial Strength Velcro and it seems to work just fine. I have not been 180 mph with it but it holds on just fine through wheelies and chuck holes. If it comes off it will just dangle on the cord. May mark up your fender a little. Before I figured out I had to move it way forward to keep it from hitting the fender when the forks bottom out, I hit the unit with the fender a few times and marked the paint a little. I hope I can buff it out but not sure? No damage, just scuffed the paint a tad.

The unit is designed to jam the radar gun and make it read "0" no matter what your speed is? The way it works is, when you get hit with a laser beam, the little light on the handle bar turns from green to red and the buzzer screams at you. At this point, grab the brakes and reduce to legal speed and flip the on off switch to off and let the "Man" clock your speed on his second or third try. It's not odd for them to take two or three tries to hit your headlight and hopefully he will not suspect you have a jammer?

Atlanta Radar has a unit that they clam is resistant to jamming. They do not say it is immune to jamming, just resistant. It's called the Stealth Mode that shoots only a three inch beam at 100 feet. So I'm thinking the Stealth Mode just narrows the beam so it's less apt to hit the jammer reciever located just below the head light. The beam only lasts 0.3 seconds so it's a little like a bullet. Hits you and gone before you can respond. I don't think many cops have this unit? Something new on the market. So you make the call. Go onto Atlanta Radar's website and read up on it for yourself.

If anyone has any more questions I may be able to answer, I'll do my best!

Awesome I think I may have to get me one of those. I have a few close friends that are in Law Enforcement and I don't see me having a problem doing some experiments...
cool.gif

Velcro up front??? Doesn't this make you nervous? I modified the metal bracket to pick up the existing holes for the black plastic rivets used to hold the fairing together underneath the fairing. This keeps the bike in stock form, while supporting very firmly the lasar jammer...
wink.gif

The only problem with mounting the reciever using the mounting bracket is, when your forks bottom out, your fender "WILL" make contact with the unit. The result will be a broken reciever, damaged fender or even worse a broken nose cowling. Trust me, it will eventually happen if you ride agressively. I mounted mine that way first but the first ride I wacked it with the fender leaving a scar in the paint. Just so happened I caught it before the forks had completely bottomed out. If you have any doubts, measure the distance between the fender and the reciever then measure the distance from the fork seal to the bottom of the fork tube. If you do this, you'll be changing your mount before you break something!

Almost two years, no problems..... Maybe yours is located different then mine! Or uses a different mounting system.

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097087113 -->

Hey Tufbusa
Very sweet setup.

I really like your radar mount, did you make it yourself ?

Jimbo

I made the on/off switch mount myself out of some broken plastic from a crashed busa. Everything else came in the kit!

Back