Laptop Question for the Geeks!

LORDWAGO

Dinosaur
Donating Member
Registered
I just won a bid off Ebay for a DELL Latitude C610 1.2GHz P3 20Gb WinXP 256mb CDRW DVD for Bout $385 BUCK O's... Description says like new so Hopefully it looks goood and works good also. Comes with 90 warrantty and 30 day Money Back Guarantee.... SO did I make a good deal of did I get the SHAFT???

I would say depends on the condition of the system. You can shop around and get them new with a full warranty for about 550. However, since you have a warranty you don't like the performance just send it back....

I just won a bid off Ebay for a DELL Latitude C610 1.2GHz P3 20Gb WinXP 256mb CDRW DVD for Bout $385 BUCK O's... Description says like new so Hopefully it looks goood and works good also. Comes with 90 warrantty and 30 day Money Back Guarantee.... SO did I make a good deal of did I get the SHAFT???
Depends on what you're going to use it for. Anything really modern or cpu intensive, graphics, online, whatever, it's probably going to be too slow to be useful, if not at least annoying as hell.

However if you're doing writing and general business tasks, it's probably going to be fine. I certainly wouldn;t have paid anymore than that. It's probably about 2 or 3 year old technology.

You pay for what you get.....
rock.gif

sounds good for web surfing but dont plan on doing any gaming on it

Back