Landspeed Streamliner Build

John Clutch

Registered
Im in the process of designing a streamliner for the salt and 1 mile asphault. A little info for those not familar with landspeed racing.....

Classes are split up by chassis type, motor size and power adders. Not including the vintage classes, there are 12 motor sizes (AA = 501c.i. and over, A = 440 to 500.99 c.i. down to K which is 30.99 c.i. and slower. The busa falls in the H class). In each motor class, there is 4 catagories: Unblown Fuel (Meth, Nitro and Nitrous)
Unblown Gas (Gasoline and E85)
Blown Fuel
Blown Gas

The plan is to build a motor for Unblown Fuel and Unblown Gas, stockish compression, single throttle body with 8 injectors. The fact is the streamliner is designed to run in the smaller motor classes. At this point, I need to verify that the car is safe before I invest a poop ton of money into the powerplant and a Unblown Fuel Busa motor should make approx the same power I need at a fraction of the price. Long story short is Im chasing a 30.99 c.i. record that hasnt been broken in 30 years.

Should a good, unmolested stock bottom end (with a dry sump system) hold up to methanol for 5 miles flat out?

Thanks in advance
Clutch

Im in the process of designing a streamliner for the salt and 1 mile asphault. A little info for those not familar with landspeed racing.....

Classes are split up by chassis type, motor size and power adders. Not including the vintage classes, there are 12 motor sizes (AA = 501c.i. and over, A = 440 to 500.99 c.i. down to K which is 30.99 c.i. and slower. The busa falls in the H class). In each motor class, there is 4 catagories: Unblown Fuel (Meth, Nitro and Nitrous)
Unblown Gas (Gasoline and E85)
Blown Fuel
Blown Gas

The plan is to build a motor for Unblown Fuel and Unblown Gas, stockish compression, single throttle body with 8 injectors. The fact is the streamliner is designed to run in the smaller motor classes. At this point, I need to verify that the car is safe before I invest a poop ton of money into the powerplant and a Unblown Fuel Busa motor should make approx the same power I need at a fraction of the price. Long story short is Im chasing a 30.99 c.i. record that hasnt been broken in 30 years.

Should a good, unmolested stock bottom end (with a dry sump system) hold up to methanol for 5 miles flat out?

Thanks in advance
Clutch
Hi. My crank ,rods and pistons was $5,900.00. First do not use E 85 use VP M 1. You will need a built motor. No cheep way to go fast.

It seems to evolve everyday lol. There is actually more concepts but Im not home atm.

KBFS2.png

KBFS6.png

KBFS5.png

Hi. My crank ,rods and pistons was $5,900.00. First do not use E 85 use VP M 1. You will need a built motor. No cheep way to go fast.
Michael, thanks for your response. E85 and M1 would be two different catagories. The E85 is actually considered a gasoline in LSR. Or maybe I misread the rules. Either way, I wouldnt run E85 over M1 anyway. So youre saying a N/A stock bottom end will not support methanol?

Michael, thanks for your response. E85 and M1 would be two different catagories. The E85 is actually considered a gasoline in LSR. Or maybe I misread the rules. Either way, I wouldnt run E85 over M1 anyway. So youre saying a N/A stock bottom end will not support methanol?
Hi. How fast and how much HP do want to make? I will be around 850 to 1000 HP. I am trying to get them to make a class for street bikes like mine. Go to my thread my very slow build. I want to run in the 270;s

Hi. How fast and how much HP do want to make? I will be around 850 to 1000 HP. I am trying to get them to make a class for street bikes like mine. Go to my thread my very slow build. I want to run in the 270;s
Nowhere near that. Calculations says I need almost 200 at the wheel.

And from what I understand, if you submit a class and its easy for them to tech, then it becomes a reality.

Hi Are you looking to run a Loring Maine?
Right now, everything is a concept. And at this point, my concept will not pass tech at Loring. Ultimately the car needs to be on a 5 mile course to do what needs to be done. Loring would be for testing. From what I understand, I need front brakes and tire approval. I was planning on using shaved avaition tires. I did not dive into Lorings rulebook yet.

Right now, everything is a concept. And at this point, my concept will not pass tech at Loring. Ultimately the car needs to be on a 5 mile course to do what needs to be done. Loring would be for testing. From what I understand, I need front brakes and tire approval. I was planning on using shaved avaition tires. I did not dive into Lorings rulebook yet.
Hi. I have not looked in to the streamliner rules.

Silly question, how does a 79.5 cu in of Hayabusa motor go onto 30.99 cu in class? Serious debore and destroke?
2 cylinders? Inquiring minds

Back