Lake Superior Ice Caves 2-10-2014

Runner44

Registered
Visited the Apostle Island Ice Caves last week about 130 miles north of where I live. Temp was -2 with 15-25 MPH wind. From the car it is a about a mile to the start of the caves and then another 2 miles down the shoreline. The ice formations are always changing. Have made this adventure twice and it is always fun. Enjoy the pictures.

003.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

Pretty cool. I saw a report saying something about the great lakes may be 100% covered with ice this year. Not sure, but I think it will be the first time in recorded history of this happening.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Looks like it's going to be a day or two before riding weather up there!

awesome pics! thanks for taking them and posting them up...now, you just need a set of studded snow tires for the Busa :beerchug:

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing!

PS - I'm with Semi - get those studded tires and take a ride up there. LOL

I'm hoping to head up there this summer, can't say I'll be there this winter yet. :laugh:

Just one question - is it cold? :laugh:

Very cool shots and from what I saw on the news report about this, pretty rare event to get there to see it. Thanks for sharing for those of us that can't get there!! :thumbsup:

Back